Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    Bob Evans, Perkins market st cafe on a Sunday morning. Shoneys is ok but we don't have the buffet hate them. We usually go to Denny's on the first morning but won't again as this time wasn't good. George's breakfast was brought out and he had nearly finished when I eventually managed to attract the waitresses attention. When she brought mine over it was stone cold of course. Sent it back when we complained they couldn't really care less.
    The Denny's on the 27 by I4 55 in our opinion, is dreadful too, we have not had a decent breakfast in there on the last few times so we don't use that location anymore. The manager always looks as if he is running around with his head up his you know what. Last time we went in, we decided to give it another chance as they had comped our breakfast as it had been one disaster after another and stone cold on a previous visit some 12 months before and we said we would give it another chance as so many months on it must be better? (We had been using it for a few years but just watched it go downhill and had actually not been for ages when we got the comped meal that day).

So in we went and we were met with an elderly couple who had been standing at the podium for 15 minutes with no one coming over to seat them, so after a few minutes Andy went into the kitchen to find the manager and by the time he came over there were about 5 parties waiting to sit, then slow service, dirty glasses, crockery followed so we just though oh why did we bother, left got into the car and went to Cracker Barrell at Dunson Road where we had a great breakfast and the next 4 times we went in there same consistency. We also took my folks in over the Christmas holidays a couple of times and they loved it and everyone's breakfast was hot, unlike the Denny's on the 27 who by best standards comes out luke warm.

I haven't heard what the Dennys further down by the truck stop in HC is like but it can't be any worse, some friends said it was fine. We did try the Dennys by SB on the 192 recently and the food and service was great for a diner but we were in there with only another couple of tables.

Perkins is OK as is Bob Evans and IHOP for breakfast but not as good as some of the other choices out there. I too like Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. Houlihans is next on the list for breakfast as a friend had the buffet recently and said it was decent.

The French place at Champion's Gate do a tasty breakfast but you need 3 hours to spare to wait!!! I prefer to use a family owned place to a franchise but there are not many around.
    Last edited by Cruella DeVilla; 13-02-2013 at 21:11.
    CDV

Now isn't that strange -we tried Denny's on the 27/I4 junction for the first time when we were in Florida in November. It was the morning after we arrived and were heading for Cracker Barrel and decided to give Denny's a try. We must have caught it on a particularly good day as it was full but we were seated quickly and the food was excellent! Later in the holiday we tried the one at the truck stop just below Southern Dunes and did not find this at all to our liking - but it was full of locals.

Love Perkins for breakfast - but my favourite brekkie is the one we have sitting round our Pool!!!!

Just found some pictures from our trip to CB couple days after Christmas.

Maybe not the prettiest to look at and it wouldn't win any food photography competitions but it was hot and tasty. Makes me hungry now but have a couple more hours at work to push out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1011735.jpg   P1011738.jpg   P1011743.jpg   P1011739.jpg   P1011741.jpg  

Last edited by Cruella DeVilla; 13-02-2013 at 21:04.
    CDV

I thought it was only me that takes pictures of impressive breakfasts!
    Dave.

Super Moderator
    We went into the Denny's at the truck stop just down from Southern Dunes early December when we were in a hurry and the food and service were fine. Seated quickly and the waitress was very helpful and friendly especially to an elderly gentleman on a nearby table who spilt some water onto his plate of food and very quickly sorted out the situation.

Denny's and Cracker Barrel both do a great breakfast but I have been told that the clubhouse at Champions Gate for breakfast is brilliant, not been but just passing on a recommendation we had.
    Val

That's the Piper's Grill,Elaine and Caroline were discussing on page 2.

I have heard good things about it too and it is probably the nearest to our doorstep but never been over there. I only realised it was there a while back when they first put the sign up on the I4 near exit 58.
    CDV

Perkin's on 192 is our favourite. We always make it our first stop the morning after we arrive before stocking up with provisions. We like the 55plus breakfast menu and always have the potato pancakes with butter, sour cream and apple sauce and 2 rashers of crispy bacon. nothing to beat it with plenty of coffee in the pot and topped up as often as you like.

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    I thought it was only me that takes pictures of impressive breakfasts!
    I took hundreds of pictures that trip, as I did a FB page so the friends and family back home could see what my folks were upto when they came to visit us for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year just gone.

My Dad was getting fed up when my Mum and I were constantly saying wait don't eat we need a picture. :+)
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    My faves are Golden Corral and Denny's!!! Mmmmmmm