Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cash

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    When using a credit card we use a Santander Zero card, you get a good rate of exchange and no conversion fees.
    That is no longer on offer for new customers.

Florida Savvy
    If you are old enough, Saga offer a pretty much near bank rate exchange with no loading.

Dont know if the link is allowed on here but if you look at the website for 'Money Saving Expert' there is a great section on the ways to get most out of your travel money.

Florida Chatterbox
    There are several credit cards which do not load foreign exchange purchases with a fee (of about 2.75%) - Nationwide Select, Saga, Post Office, Halifax Clarity. But to get cash from an ATM without the extra fee, your options are limited. Just about all debit cards now charge a fee. But the Halifax Clarity card does not charge a fee for getting cash, even though it is a credit card, not a debit card. You will have to pay interest from the day of withdrawal, but as long as you pay off the balance quickly the interest will be a lot less than the fee charged on other cards.

You will almost always have to pay a fee to the bank which owns the ATM, usually a flat $2 or $3.

Just discovered that the TD bank ATM near the Red Lobster, just by the Harley Davidson store on 192 has been removed. They did not make a charge for using it to withdraw, anyone know where the have another one?

Andrna

cash

We always take cash but occasionally turn to debit when shopping is good. I find every time I go down I call the bank to let them know I will be using my cards because they will be declined if not notified because they think they may be stolen. It has happened to me before.
    I called yesterday since I will be going back down next week.
    Randy Johnston

Super Moderator
    We always notify our banks when we are travelling and have found more than once that does not stop them declining a payment - now we use two credit cards so if one 'fails' we have a back up card.