Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Items stolen from checked baggage.

Items stolen from checked baggage.

Just got back today and discovered on emptying suitcases that our sat nav unit has been stolen. They left the charging lead. The incredibly frustrating thing is that this was a replacement unit bought because the original one was stolen from the same suitcase on our return journey at the end of the summer.

I don't know how common this is, but it is infuriating to say the least.
    Last edited by Tonish; 06-01-2013 at 13:37. Reason: grammar
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Did you report to the carrier you flew with? You do have a claim.

Lynne

Super Moderator
    Sounds like there is a group of airport workers running a business in supplying sat navs on the cheap. Hope you have reported the theft.

Report it immediately to the airline/handling agents at the airport where you landed.....and file an insurance claim too.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would not stop at reporting it to the airline but as this is the second occurence would also inform the local police, either by phone or in writing. If you just report it to the airline they may not bother following up but if they have a report from the police they will have more incentive. Also woudl give you validation for the insurance company that you had tried to locat it, otherwise they will try the "are you sure you didnt leave it in the hirecar on the way to airport etc. to get out of paying.
    Babblin Boo

Once bitten..... A friend had one stolen on a European flight once. There were only 10 poeple on the plane! Always carry mine in hand luggage.

I put mine in hand luggage too. It is easier to pop it into hand luggage when returning the car than unlock a suitcase to put it in. Do you use the padlocks on your case that US security have access to or do you leave them unlocked ?

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Expert
    The locks that US security have access to are rubbish in my view, they get opened and just lost in the system.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Out of interest did you fly into LHR and were the bags late into the baggage hall???

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Out of interest did you fly into LHR and were the bags late into the baggage hall???

Lynne
    Hi Lynne

No, it was a US Airways flight from Orlando to Manchester via Philadelphia. The previous flight where the last unit was stolen was also US Airways, but from Fort Myers.

Curiously, we checked 6 bags and all but one were searched by the TSA. The stolen unit was in the one which wasn't searched.
    Tonish