Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Airline

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaniec View Post
    By the way - I'm described as a 'Florida Newbie' on this site....I'm not - having owned since 2004 and been holidaying there for the last 20 years

The Florida Newbie relates to the number of posts you have made rather than how long you have been visiting or owning a villa in Florida.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    We flew back with US Airways at the weekend, and the crew were, indeed, of a 'certain' age. They are not the glamorous Virgin bimbos, but do a good job - maybe because they are simply doing their job and not worrying about having a hair out of place, or tottering about on high heels, or hitching their tight skirts up even higher! [msnwink]

I have to admit the US crew looked as if they had just got up and hadn't had time to do their hair, and their 'uniform' (can it really be described as that???) leaves a lot to be desired, but to be honest, if they do their job propererly, and they did, then I have no problem with their age. Indeed, they made me feel positively glamorous, even after a sleepless night flight! []

Whilst being 'laid back' with their appearance, they were highly efficient and brought meals and drinks quickly, and constantly cleared away debris, which was a great improvement on the Virgin girls who always seem to dump the food and disappear so you sit for ages with all the 'trash' on your tray.

Our experience of AA in the past has been fine, so would not worry if the price is right!
    The reason that most US airlines have 'mature' flight attendants on UK flights is down to Union rules that recognise seniority. Thus those with long service can request the flights they wish to crew and they take priority over junior FAs. Apparently Europe is popular because allowances are better and the schedule less demanding than internal flights.

Quote: ''The reason that most US airlines have 'mature' flight attendants on UK flights is down to Union rules that recognise seniority. Thus those with long service can request the flights they wish to crew and they take priority over junior FAs. Apparently Europe is popular because allowances are better and the schedule less demanding than internal flights.''

Robert, I am not complaining! [msnwink][]

I actually LIKE these ladies of a certain age. When I go on an aeroplane I don't actually want to be served by a slim, attractive blonde bombshell who makes me look like an old dog. I much prefer to be served by an old dog who makes me look positively slim and glamorous.... even after a night flight! []
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    I actually LIKE these ladies of a certain age. When I go on an aeroplane I don't actually want to be served by a slim, attractive blonde bombshell who makes me look like an old dog. I much prefer to be served by an old dog who makes me look positively slim and glamorous.... even after a night flight! []
    I look like an old dog anyway so give me the blonde bombshells every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I look like an old dog anyway so give me the blonde bombshells every time.
    Surely not, KG....... have always thought more of a Sean Connery?????[msnwink][]
    ellie