Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Airline

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Hang on, I've just watched a Virgin Atlantic advert on TV, it says ALL their crew have special powers. Is this a misleading advert? Having never flown with Virgin Atlantic I assumed it was completely true.
    From my experience it must be their powers to totally you for the majority of the flight
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    That won't be an AA flight but is probably them selling BA flights as a code share.
    Yes it is a code share. Do they have the seat back tv's?
    Angie & Davy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    Yes it is a code share. Do they have the seat back tv's?
    I haven't flown that route (it's a BA flight) but there are a fair number of OV members who have and will be able to confirm, but I understand that the answer is "Yes".

Incidentally, the same flight will be available through BA and it isn't uncommon for the fare to be different so worth checking both sites if you're going to book.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    We have flown with Delta, Continental, US Air & AA and found the service to be great but AA were the only ones without seat back entertainment. Don't know if thats still the case but that was the negative for us and we have not used them since.
    Depends on the route but there are certainly still some AA transatlantic flights without individual IFE. I do know that none of their Manchester flights have it in Economy but the vast majority of Heathrow planes (and all the 777's) do.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 04-01-2013 at 06:39.

Florida Chatterbox
    Yep ours was a Manchester flight

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Hang on, I've just watched a Virgin Atlantic advert on TV, it says ALL their crew have special powers. Is this a misleading advert? Having never flown with Virgin Atlantic I assumed it was completely true.
    Ha Ha - they also say giving you the 'Rockstar" treatment.....no comment on that either!!!!!

Why was my website post not allowed - it was Seat...........??!!
    Last edited by DaveL; 04-01-2013 at 15:28.
    Sean

The web site was not allowed because it advertises flights and cars on a rotating ad which competes with this site. Part of the T&Cs (which no one reads) when you joined the site was to agree not to post this type of site.

We know it hard to check this when you only want to help the OP so we mods just edit the post for you.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    The web site was not allowed because it advertises flights and cars on a rotating ad which competes with this site. Part of the T&Cs (which no one reads) when you joined the site was to agree not to post this type of site.

We know it hard to check this when you only want to help the OP so we mods just edit the post for you.

Regards Dave
    I 100 per cent respect the right of the owners of this site to edit posts in any way they wish but sometimes it's hard to understand what can or cannot be referred to. It seems perfectly OK to refer to airline sites which carry all sorts of travel offers including car hire and accomodation but others seem to be deleted almost immediately.

It must be very hard to be consistent but if you do a search for the name of the site deleted from this thread you'll find over 20 other threads where it was left untouched.

No big deal - just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I 100 per cent respect the right of the owners of this site to edit posts in any way they wish but sometimes it's hard to understand what can or cannot be referred to. It seems perfectly OK to refer to airline sites which carry all sorts of travel offers including car hire and accomodation but others seem to be deleted almost immediately.

It must be very hard to be consistent but if you do a search for the name of the site deleted from this thread you'll find over 20 other threads where it was left untouched.

No big deal - just my 2 cents.
    Couple of reasons this post stood out. The link was clickable and also the poster was someone who has a villa on this site and should know the rules.

Also the Mods pop in and out of the forum so it is easy for posts to slip by. A lot also depends on your own knowlegde of what is on other sites.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Consider myself 'told off'.

My post was to help with the enquiry - not to promote stuff on other websites....mind you what other websites don't have promotions on them??!!

By the way - I'm described as a 'Florida Newbie' on this site....I'm not - having owned since 2004 and been holidaying there for the last 20 years
    Sean