Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electricity - vacation with an allowance

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    I hope it's not the start of a trend. If the cost of electricity is becoming an issue for owners, I would rather they just put up the basic rental charge by enough to cover it.
    It is something that has been around for a long time and when I was researching a few years ago as a new owner, I came across this quite alot.

It does seem to be more prevalent on the coast and in communities or villa companies who aim their marketing at the Snowbirds who tend to visit for anything from 3 to 6 months.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have come across it when I was thinking about a long-term rental on the Gulf Coast a few years ago. I was told that renters who will be effectively living in the house rather that using it as holiday base tend to use more power because they are present in the property using heat/cool and doing much more regular cooking/washing/drying etc.

It does seem harder to justify on a shorter term holiday rental though

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's a bit like the airlines with their fuel surcharge that as it is an operatiing cost should be part of the base ticket cost imo but is just another way to ensure they can collect it from each and every passenger regardless of how they have paid (ie including reward flights).
    Babblin Boo

Oddly some people are attracted by the initial price like moths to a light bulb at night, once attracted they look no further. It doesn't matter that a more expensive initial outlay may infact cost them less by the time their holiday is all paid for. Theirs nowt as queer as folk......

Dave

Just find this very strange and personally I would be very suspicious of hidden charges.
    Val

Electricity - vacation with an allowance

I think I would avoid this. I never heard of this. Who would want the stress of that while I holiday.
    Randy Johnston

When we have pool heat on and A/C (Spring? Autumn) our monthly bills can be $400 (4 bed villa), that works out at $12/13 a day.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue