Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: New harry potter all but officially confirmed...

Florida Savvy

New harry potter all but officially confirmed...

My sister works for thomson travel agents and went to a travel agents event last week where amongst others there was a rep from Disney and Universal, as it was information on Florida holidays in the upcoming years.

As soon as they got to the Q&A session, the first question was the inevitable "Is Harry Potter coming to Universal Studios in place of Jaws?"

The Universal rep, was very quick to reply
    "I can neither confirm or deny that the rumours of the construction of a new Harry Potter themed land in Universal Studios are true. Neither can i confirm or deny that the rumours that the two parks are going to be linked by a train in the style of the Hogwarts Express are also true."

How does this all but officially confirm it?
    My sister said that he said all of this with a huge grin on his face, and also nodding his head in a "yes" action at the same time.
    So there you have it, one of the worst kept secrets in Florida theme park rides... nearly confirmed!
    Judging by the time it took to build the first land in IoA, which was almost 2 years, i wouldnt expect anything to open until 2014/at the earliest

We visited Universal yesterday and was told by a Universal rep conducting a questionaire.exactly the same. Although he did say nothing has been confirmed
    He also said confirmation is expected by spring 2012.

We will just have to wait
    Barbara

It is definately happening. They are going use the steam train they aleady have as the Hogwarts Express. This will link both the new and old Harry Potter areas/parks.

Boo! Bring back Jaws.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, I for one, am glad Jaws has gone!
    Hazel.