Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Toll charges

Florida Newbie

Toll charges

Hi
    we hired a car from Dollar on our recent trip to Orlando. Today I received a letter telling me that they had paid a toll on my behalf which was $0.82 and they charged me $15 dollar admin fee.

Not sure what this is about as we stopped and paid at any toll station.

Anyone any ideas how this could happen?

When coming off a toll road did you go thru an unmanned toll-booth? They do tend to stop manning these in the evening on less busy intersections.

Does it give the time of the offence? Does it fall in with when you had the car?

The admin fee is normal from the car-hire company when this happens.
    Wilf & Sarah

No idea.....
    BUT I am certain there's no toll anywhere @ $0.82 [msnscared]
    Could possibly be that a partial toll was collected ??????????????

As Wilf said it could have been an unmanned one. The one coming off the 417 going to the 192 by Celebration when coming from MCO can be a bit tricky if you are not paying attention, the right hand lane is for a pass and the left hand lane has a bin for the correct money. That's 75c though, 82c is a bit odd as you say.
    Last edited by syrup; 06-12-2012 at 23:16.
    Keith

I would ask them for more details. Earlier in the year my FIL got a bill from Dollar for using the Turnpike near Miami - he had not been near there all trip. Turned out it was not him after all. Took a while to sort out but he did get his money back.
    Jan and Lee

Florida Newbie
    They said it was on 408 road around exit. Not sure where this is. We always pay the tolls or put the cash in the bins.
    Also had another shock on credit card today for £169.77. No letter from Dollar. The car was not damaged so don't think I will be using Dollar ever again.

408 runs directly East/West through the middle of Orlando and is North of all the main tourist areas and access to the airport.

If you did not go anywhere near this road then ask for details. You can also ask your credit card company to delay these charge until you have proof that they should be paid.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Coming off the 428 at 192 the other evening we encountered a line of traffic. People were putting coins in and it was not registering payment. The guy in the car ahead of us suggested we go round the other side but that would have not helped as we did not have sunpass. With a lot of bashing poking and extra payments the two cars ahead eventually got the green light and went through.
    when it came to our turn we had the same problem, eventually after putting in $2+ it finally registered 80 cents and gave us a green light. It still flashed us though, so goodness knows what we will get charged.
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 13-12-2012 at 14:48.

Liz

Nova Scotia, Canada & Windsor Palms Resort Kissimmee
    The exact thing happened to us on Dec 3 at the same toll. The person in front of us had problems and we noticed the person behind us also had a problem. After putting in $1.75 the green light finally came on but the red light still flashed. I am waiting to see if they charge us. Good to know that others had the same problem because if they charge us some outrageous fee I will try and fight back. With so many errors they must know something is wrong with the toll machine.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkissed View Post
    The exact thing happened to us on Dec 3 at the same toll. The person in front of us had problems and we noticed the person behind us also had a problem. After putting in $1.75 the green light finally came on but the red light still flashed. I am waiting to see if they charge us. Good to know that others had the same problem because if they charge us some outrageous fee I will try and fight back. With so many errors they must know something is wrong with the toll machine.

Sharon
    That's exactly what hubby said. it seems a great way of making extra revenue to me
    let me know if anything comes of it Sharon.

Liz