Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance for the older or health impaired traveller

Travel Insurance for the older or health impaired traveller

After trying a few places for health insurance for a older relative with some existing health issues, we were recommended avantitravelinsurance.co.uk

Managed to do it all online without having to speak to anyone and got cover for him for the Florida trip for £375 - other quote we received was £1200. Definitely worth checking out for anyone in a similar position.
    Tonish

Thanks for the information...very useful.

In case it is of any help to anyone I always use Staysure. Both myself and my wife are in our 60's. I suffer from mild asthma and slight high blood pressure, my wife suffers from mild epilepsy, all these condition incurred a small surcharge. Our three week cover cost £95 and that was for a high level of cover.

Many minor illnesses are covered at no extra charge.
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    Do any of these companies offer annual travel insurance?
    Hazl.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigan View Post
    Do any of these companies offer annual travel insurance?
    Hazl.
    The one I mentioned Staysure does.
    Keith

Florida Newbie
    I don't know if this is any help, but I got a good insurance deal via travelsupermarket, which ended up as a holiday extras policy. My daughter has asthma as a pre-existing medical condition. We have covered her condition, plus the rest of the family for £62 for our three week trip next April.

Thank you Tonish for starting this thread ....as an asthma sufferer i got rough quotes from some insurance companies and they were all around £400-£500 pounds for three weeks holiday ....i could not say i was shocked as i expected something along those lines but that puts another half again on the price of my holiday .....but ye need to be well insured.
    Thanks also to Keith for the advice to try 'staysure' ....i will try that one first i think once we get over christmas .

I have used Staysure for my Mum (84) several times. I could only get single trip on line but got annual when I phoned them up.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

I love the OV forums. Thanks to the advice above I have reduced my travel insurance from £398.90 to £89.20 THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU KEITH. Staysure did it for us.
    Hazel Coates

Florida Chatterbox
    I am type 2 diabetic plus high blood pressure. I have used staysure before but at present I have an annual policy with flexicover direct. Did it all online with no need to call anyone and came in 30% cheaper than staysure