Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Travel Insurance for the older or health impaired traveller

Wow Christine - that's a bit of a bargain! I think the correct price for the annual policy is 'The computer says No'!!!!

Hope you and Peter are both well - we hope to be over in Florida around next September (insurance permitting!) so if you are around it would be great to meet up.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    We are now back from our trip but have booked another 3 week break for next year. Since my wife's problem and the rise in insurance cost I am now wondering if I would be better booking 2 single policies rather than a couple as I don't have the loading that the wife's does. I am thinking it may work out cheaper as when booked as a couple the insurance company would have to work on a cost basis that if the wife had problems before travel they would have to consider the cost of 2 peoples cancellations rather than one.

I know it would be a gamble but my main reason for the insurance is to protect against the high medical costs in the US rather than the cost of a flight or lost possessions.

What do you all think, has anyone got any experience of this.
    I wondered about doing this as my husbands is loaded but figured it wasnt worth the saving, for instance in case of cancellation or missing luggage etc and having to make a claim they might go back and forward (because dthey usually ask if any other insurance policy is in force etc. we usually mix clothes in cases so if one gets lost we both have some etc.
    Babblin Boo