Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance for the older or health impaired traveller

Quote Originally Posted by hacoates View Post
    I love the OV forums. Thanks to the advice above I have reduced my travel insurance from £398.90 to £89.20 THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU KEITH. Staysure did it for us.
    Glad to help. Thats why I love this forum.
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    Great help. I have been trying to arrange insurance for my wife's parents who are joining us in Florida next year and because my FIL had a stroke last November (fortunately very mild, caught early and he is back to full health and laying bricks still at 72!) the cheapest I could find was nearly £800. I think the main reason for this being so expensive is that he is refusing to quit smoking (I know we are on at him all the time but it is making no difference). Anyway, following this tip we managed to get insurance for the both of them for £320. A HUGE saving, thanks all.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserLynn View Post
    Great help. I have been trying to arrange insurance for my wife's parents who are joining us in Florida next year and because my FIL had a stroke last November (fortunately very mild, caught early and he is back to full health and laying bricks still at 72!) the cheapest I could find was nearly £800. I think the main reason for this being so expensive is that he is refusing to quit smoking (I know we are on at him all the time but it is making no difference). Anyway, following this tip we managed to get insurance for the both of them for £320. A HUGE saving, thanks all.
    do you mind saying which company you used

Florida Chatterbox
    avantitravelinsurance.co.uk As suggested by Tonish.

Staysure was a little cheaper, but still up over £600.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is it possible for this thread to be made "Sticky". The information contained must be very useful to a lot of people - me included!
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Very useful thread for those of us who might need something a little out of the ordinary.

The only warning I would add is that comparing on price alone is a dangerous game because a lot of these policies have very different levels of cover. As long as you know just what you're getting (and what you aren't) for your money it's fine but I've just discovered to my cost that not doing that first can result in problems.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 30-09-2013 at 10:03.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserLynn View Post
    avantitravelinsurance.co.uk As suggested by Tonish.

Staysure was a little cheaper, but still up over £600.
    Thank you, I will bear that in mind when my present one ends, Flexicover were around 30% cheaper than Staysure so I will get a comparison from avanti when the time is due.

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Is it possible for this thread to be made "Sticky". The information contained must be very useful to a lot of people - me included!
    I think I've 'stuck it' - not done it before though!
    Caroline & Dave

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    Very good Caroline. It has 'stuck'!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    Thank you.
    Hopefully people will now be able to easily add to the thread with their own experiences of companies who are prepared to cover those of us with pre-existing conditions.
    Christine