Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Panic over

Panic over

Well after panicking for the last few months about my wife getting through immigration after last years problem with her fingerprints she sailed through with no problems. It took us about 45 mins. The queues behind us were enormous, for those of you familiar with MCO the queue was going out of the hall down the corridors from the planes

After practicing in my mind and Rogers helpful tutorial on how to use the Alamo Kiosk when I got to the car rental desk it was empty so I went to the desk to be on the safe side. I had already decided to go for the prepay fuel and I know the cost isn't guaranteed but it was no dearer than the pump price near our villa. I know there is a few dollars airport surcharge but that's only about $5 so I think it's convenient as long as I take it back on almost fresh air.

The weather is great, 77 degrees today and set to be that or about for the next week, so that will suit me. I hope it lasts for our three weeks.

No theme parks this year just going to do all the other things that Orlando and the surrounding areas have to offer. Shopping is still a must according to the wife
    Keith

Super Moderator
    We arrived at Orlando on Thursday on the BA flight and it took us over 90 minutes to get through immigration and customs - not surprising as a large number of the desks were closed - but not a particularly good welcoming committee to Florida but officials having to wait for so long to get through.

Jill,
    We were on the BA flight last year that is why we chose the earlier Virgin one this year. When we landed there were only three desks open for visitors and one for nationals, when they saw the queues lengthen they decided to open a few more but it did take them a time to set each one up for use.
    Keith

I don't understand how it always seems to come as a surprise to Immigration & Customs that an International flight (or two) hav landed - surely they have access to the flight arrival schedules!!!

Have to say when we came through last Saturday virtually all the desks were open but still took 1 hour 20 mins to get through both areas - three UK flights had arrived fairly close together, we were the third but sitting in row 30 we were off very quickly (and you should see us move as we weaved in and out of the passengers who were off before us!!!)

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Again - this is why I fly Aer Lingus from Dublin! Through Immigration there and when we get to MCO collect the luggage and go!

Jean