Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Ladies who lunch, shop and everything else. Part 4.

Ladies who lunch, shop and everything else. Part 4.

Day 5 More Shopping.
    Early morning caught me watching UK TV again! This will have to stop before DH arrives!It was a leisurely get up with us all emerging from our rooms at different times and it was getting on for 10am when we sat down to breakfast.
    Breakfast having been cleared away we headed out for the deck and the lovely warm sunshine, within 30 mins we were all dozing heavily and stayed that way until about 12.30.
    When I roused myself everyone else was still asleep so I took myself off into the pool for a serious swim, the water is now like a warm bath.
    The early afternoon became quite overcast and breezy and the drop in temps sent us scuttling off indoors for some warmer clothes and a lovely lunch of salad and warm Cuban bread prepared by Lesley.[msntongue]
    We decided to hang the pictures we had bought the previous day, Gez and Lesley were impressed when we brought out the tool kit and are just starting to cotton on that a homeowners holiday is not really a holiday at all! They keep viewing with horror the ever growing list of jobs for David to do when he arrives................with which I will of course assist him![msnwink]
    Anyway, they looked great when we had finished and totally change the look of the kitchen.
    As we were on a roll with the shopping we decided to take a trip to Lake Buena Vista outlets and then Walmart, did anyone notice that we haven't actually been to Walmart yet?[msnoo]
    As it was, we spent so long in LBV that we never actually made it there today either! More bargains were bagged by everyone and there was one I just couldn't get my head around.
    I was looking for some shorts for football training as requested by my eldest son and found 2 suitable candidates in Reebok.
    One pair was $24.99 the other was on a rack which read "2 for $24 single price as marked" the single price was $24.99! I asked an assistant to clarify, yes, that was correct, it was 99 cents cheaper to buy 2 pairs! Bonkers! My son has 2 new pairs of football shorts!
    We headed down the 192 to Carrabas at Formosa Gardens and had a really lovely meal in a restaurant that was quieter than I have seen it in a long time.
    Lesley wanted to take the server home with her..........he should have been on the menu![msnwink]
    On leaving we noticed that Bone Fish Grill has now opened on the opposite side of the road, David will be delighted, his two favourite restaurants side by side virtually.
    It was 10 pm when we arrived home and none of us were late in bed as we have a late night planned for tomorrow.

Liz

loving it Liz... cant wait until we go back ... so nice reading urs and others trip reports... keep it coming please xxx
    Liesa

No Walmart! can't believe it. Have to have had at least 1 visit in 4 days, i love my walmart fix.
    Jan

Another great report Liz, but making me very 'homesick' for Florida
    Dawn Murray

I wonder if Carrabus is feeling the arrival of all the 'new guys in town'. So many new eateries have opened along that stretch recently.
    We sometimes give Carrabus a miss as we have always felt it would be too busy. Will go back now as we love their food.
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Newhomebuyer View Post
    I wonder if Carrabus is feeling the arrival of all the 'new guys in town'. So many new eateries have opened along that stretch recently.
    You could well be right Angela, we went a couple of times back in the summer and although it was busy we never had to wait, although we did tend to eat a bit later. They have had a complete refurb and the interior is much more open and modern looking, so perhaps they are feeling the need to up their game.

Liz

i am loving the trip reports Liz and so missing our Florida fix - just got the email with Spring training dates so may have to book a crafty week into Feb/ March [msnwink]
    Jan and Lee