Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCO. Travel views Plz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    IMHO there's no significant difference between any of the major transatlantic carriers and I wouldn't pay extra to fly with any 1 if them.

I'd go with whoever has the best fare regardless of where the connection is.
    I agree in principal but the trade off between travel time and price has to be considered when I am booking and has to be worth the differential. Time of year also comes intoplay, when travelling in the winter I want to have as few take offs and landings as possible to try and minimise the risk of weather disruption.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    I want to have as few take offs and landings as possible to try and minimise the risk of weather disruption.
    I agree - as long as it's the same number of each!!

Travelled with BA and US Airways, not flown with United. We would all say go with US Airways, cheaper, more legroom and straight through at MCO. Hate those huge, slow queues at immigration at MCO. We travelled with a 3 year old and a 6 year old and can tell you no problem with changing of planes and my 3 year old grandson can be very demanding if too much messing about. If we can get our flights next year with US Airways we will be using them again.
    Jan

We've flown US Aiways many times from Dublin...through Philadelphia, Charlotte etc. all trouble free no hesitation in recommending them at all

Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    Travelled with BA and US Airways, not flown with United. We would all say go with US Airways, cheaper, more legroom and straight through at MCO. Hate those huge, slow queues at immigration at MCO. We travelled with a 3 year old and a 6 year old and can tell you no problem with changing of planes and my 3 year old grandson can be very demanding if too much messing about. If we can get our flights next year with US Airways we will be using them again.
    Thats sounds a better idea. Cheers Jan

Quote Originally Posted by JulieW View Post
    Hi again Allan,

So we flew BA this year but last year we did the united flight via Newark. I would say there is no difference in aircraft or service really so if you can save £400 then I would choose United. The benefit of going via Newark is that on the return journey, the long haul flight actually gets you home to Glasgow or Edinburgh so there's no getting off the overnight flight and still having to get a connection up from London (not looking forward to that on Friday!) so that might suit you better for your grandchild. Not sure how my 3 yr old will cope with it!

Julie
    Julie that's a plan, saves any tiredness kicking in at Gatwick going that route . Many thanks Allan

Florida Chatterbox
    Another consideration could be the type of aircraft used on the route. If the flight from Glasgow to US is on for example a single aisle 757, then it may not be as comfortable.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Thanks for all your help all booked up and sorted , Gla - Mco via Phl . Next up villas lol