Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCO. Travel views Plz

Question MCO. Travel views Plz

High Guys following up on my previous post. Q. BA from Gla for 4 adults and one baby is £2700 on the 18/9/13. Both United and US Airways are about £400 less ,what would ones do lol. Has anyone any views that can help me decide ? Is there a great deal of difference between the airlines . If BA is much superior I will gladly pay there price . And which one would be better for my grandchild . thanks guys. Allan

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    With all the recent posts regarding waiting time at immigration at MCO I would be tempted to use United or Us Airways as you will arrive at MCO as a domestic passenger.
    Christine

I always prefer United to BA, plus of course you go through Immigration in Washington or Chicago saving valuable time when you reach Orlando. Definitely worth the savings.

Or you could fly from Dublin and clear everything before you fly...straight off the plane in MCO to baggage hall. Bliss

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is also worth looking at Delta via Atlanta.

We were through in less than 30 mins from landing, we were close to the front but I would say even those at the back were through within about 45 mins.

Very easy airport with an excellent tram service between terminals.

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It is also worth looking at Delta via Atlanta.

We were through in less than 30 mins from landing, we were close to the front but I would say even those at the back were through within about 45 mins.

Very easy airport with an excellent tram service between terminals.

Lynne
    Checked that its £3000 ,but thanks anyway. Al

Thanks Sandra , The Glasgow flight is via Newark but even that would be better than a massive waiting time at MCO. Alan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollydollyholly View Post
    Checked that its £3000 ,but thanks anyway. Al
    We paid £450 approximately, so I think it is worth checking regularly.

Airfares go up and down like a yoyo.

Lynne

Hi again Allan,

So we flew BA this year but last year we did the united flight via Newark. I would say there is no difference in aircraft or service really so if you can save £400 then I would choose United. The benefit of going via Newark is that on the return journey, the long haul flight actually gets you home to Glasgow or Edinburgh so there's no getting off the overnight flight and still having to get a connection up from London (not looking forward to that on Friday!) so that might suit you better for your grandchild. Not sure how my 3 yr old will cope with it!

Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollydollyholly View Post
    Is there a great deal of difference between the airlines . If BA is much superior I will gladly pay there price .
    IMHO there's no significant difference between any of the major transatlantic carriers and I wouldn't pay extra to fly with any 1 if them.

I'd go with whoever has the best fare regardless of where the connection is.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 11-11-2012 at 03:10.