Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BA flights to MCO

Florida Chatterbox
    This is exactly what's happened to us as we are flying into Heathrow then having to get coach across to Gatwick for the BA flight into Orlando............anybody like to hazard a rough guess how long from touchdown at Heathrow to arriving at Gatwick? Coach is about 55 mins so would I be about right in saying about 1hr 45 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Having thought about your question a bit further, I may have been a bit hasty with my response because, as the last post points out, the Christmas BA sale probably won't go so far ahead as October 2013.

I don't know any more about BA's plans than anybody else but I think my concern about booking with them now would be that they seem to be slowly reducing their domestic network into Gatwick (they announced that there won't be any flights into there from Manchester only last week). For those who have already booked from Manchester, it now means a trek from Heathrow to Gatwick on the way out and back adding cost, time and inconvenience.
    Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    Time of day and what day of the week it is would make quite a difference. If you're arriving from the US in the morning on a weekday then a couple of hours would be a minimum.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks.......we are leaving UK and arrive into Heathrow at 8am from Aberdeen so hoping to get across to Gatwick and sitting in lounge at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Time of day and what day of the week it is would make quite a difference. If you're arriving from the US in the morning on a weekday then a couple of hours would be a minimum.
    Brian

The chances of getting from Heathrow to Gatwick at that time of day from Monday to Friday in 55 minutes are very slim, I would think the journey time would be at least 90 minutes plus however long it takes to get out of Heathrow. At the weekend you would stand a fair chance of doing the journey in 55 minutes.
    Caroline & Dave

Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    Where are you flying from Martin & Sue and is it direct or indirect and to which airport.
    Hi, We are flying from Gatwick direct flight into Orlando (MCO) March next....

Thanks Julie , I might also have a look at the US Airways via Philly , although I've been that way my son thought that BA would be better .

Florida Chatterbox
    We recently flew back from Orlando to Gatwick with BA and some passengers we met onboard were transferring on to Glasgow with BA. It might be worth checking the onward flight times with BA for the return journey, as these people had 11 hours between there arrival at Gatwick and there onward flight to Glasgow.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx