Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA flights to MCO

BA flights to MCO

Hi Guys , Going to Florida next Oct25 ish for two weeks , the question is will I get a better deal waiting for the BA seat sale or just do it ASAP . 4 adults ,1baby from Glasgow . Any help appreciated . Been many ways but not BA . Cheers. Allan []

Gold 5 Star Member
    Never known there not to be a BA sale at Christmas so, if it was me, I'd hold off until then (you can't book a return for those dates yet anyway). No guarantees of course but the odds are you'll save money by waiting a few more weeks but be ready to jump in when the sale is announced.

Kool, if I don't get a deal with BA there is always the plan B with US airways and United

Be aware that it may be half term during that period. Personally if I see a flight at what I consider a reasonable price, I book it there and then. If I lose out, it is not by much and I have peace of mind.

cheers Sandra u could be right unless I'm saving a lot of cash I probably book ASAPASAP

Just a thought.... Have a look at BA's "codeshare" partners... Have booked March next with Iberia - very much cheaper than BA for EXACTLY the same flight in the same 'plane. [?] [?] [?]

School hoilday and half term dates for Scotland are published more than a year ahead. You can bet that both BA and Virgin will have factored those dates into any sale that is going to Orlando.

Some guests of mine have just booked flights for the following day. They have picked an indirect flight and their total saving was £10 short of the cost of the villa. So this option is well worth a look.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Hi,
    We are out in Orlando at the moment and flew BA from Glasgow via Gatwick to Tampa on 30th oct. I started looking at flight prices last year as soon as the dates were available and just kept an eye on things. The sale at christmas didn't include travel dates as late as October. Turned out that I booked the flights + car together around April as BA were going a better deal on the fly drive option at that time. I checked occasionally after that but the price was never better than I had got. Also, tends to be that the sale might only cover odd flight times which will give you a longer lay over at Gatwick each way.

The prices definately come down over time but go back up too! I just knew I wanted to get flights under £500 each and when that happened, I booked.

Hope this helps
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Just a thought.... Have a look at BA's "codeshare" partners... Have booked March next with Iberia - very much cheaper than BA for EXACTLY the same flight in the same 'plane. [?] [?] [?]
    Where are you flying from Martin & Sue and is it direct or indirect and to which airport.
    Angie & Davy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Having thought about your question a bit further, I may have been a bit hasty with my response because, as the last post points out, the Christmas BA sale probably won't go so far ahead as October 2013.

I don't know any more about BA's plans than anybody else but I think my concern about booking with them now would be that they seem to be slowly reducing their domestic network into Gatwick (they announced that there won't be any flights into there from Manchester only last week). For those who have already booked from Manchester, it now means a trek from Heathrow to Gatwick on the way out and back adding cost, time and inconvenience.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 06-11-2012 at 02:35.