Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand China Buffet - US27 Any Good?

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL GIZZI View Post
    All i can say is no no no, please dont go
    I take it you decided to give it a go!!! It is good of you to confirm we were all right with our advice[laugh][laugh][high5]

We're thinking of going to PF Chang's at the Mall at Millenia next week, which we had been told was good, but just read some reviews and they have rather put me off.
    Tonish

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    We're thinking of going to PF Chang's at the Mall at Millenia next week, which we had been told was good, but just read some reviews and they have rather put me off.
    We enjoyed it and good value too - a bit more like what we are used to in Europe...give it a go.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    I take it you decided to give it a go!!! It is good of you to confirm we were all right with our advice[laugh][laugh][high5]
    yes i gave it ago a year ago.....and i dont need you same more....you were all right..

Anyway Wish all of you a Happy Christmas

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    It is very popular but I had what are close to my worst ever meals at 2 different branches. It's 'Americanised' Chinese food and I personally won't be returning.

I think I'd have to say that if you're used to good quality and authentic Chinese you'll probably be disappointed.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 25-12-2012 at 01:18.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Late to the party on this one but thought I would give my two cents worth as we have been quite a few times over the years as it is on our doorstep so to speak.

It is not an attractive restaurant whatsoever, basic and a dog eared inside but you get what you pay for so to speak and imo for the price you pay it isn't that bad as long as you are not expecting sumptuous surroundings and gourmet food.

I can be a fussy so and so and to be honest a bit of a food snob who isn't really a lover of Chinese food, even living in the Far East for 3 years didn't do it for me. DH likes Chinese so we go to this place from time to time mainly on the way home from work, still in work uniform if we have been working later and just wanting to grab something quickly and ready. I wouldn't choose to go out for the evening for dinner here. I also find takeout of Chinese food expensive where we are and the dishes we order from Chinese to Go runs about $30+ for two, and in this buffet you can have all you can eat plus drinks and the correct tip for less plus you have the option of lots of different things.

A while back, the buffet went downhill choice wise at one stage and we stopped going but we have been in twice over the holidays with different folks and all thought the food/choice was fine. It was hot, clean, well stocked and we all found dishes we liked. The servers are fine too. Now when they used to include the crab legs (which you now pay extra for) it was a trough and full of lets say "rednecks" who were so disgustingly greedy.

Gourmet it is not and it is absolutely not comparable to Thai Thani or PF Chang. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Cruella DeVilla; 26-01-2013 at 18:54.
    CDV