Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand China Buffet - US27 Any Good?

Grand China Buffet - US27 Any Good?

Looking for chinese restaurant recommendations on the US27 but no further than Haines City southbound. We pass a Grand China Buffet on the way to our villa, can anyone recommend this restaurant or are there any others I should consider. I am not limited to the US27.

Florida Newbie
    If that is the Chinese opposite the entrance to Posner then No. No atmosphere, naff food and more like a school canteen, that was about 18 months ago but I have heard that things haven't changed. I do not know of any others locally but if you like Italian there is a great small family Italian across the road in Posner (near to Dollar Tree)

Hope this helps

Thanks, i'll give the chinese a miss.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    There's a gorgeous Thai Thani at Celebration, it's very similar to chinese.

We go at least twice when we visit.

Sandra
    Sandra

we tried one on the 192 a few years ago, it was big ornage buffet one... that was like a school canteen, wasnt clear how things were run, no one showed u to a table so standing around like dummies... yet there was someone on the till near to us...food was awful what was left of it...
    Liesa

Have not heard any good reports about the one on the 27 and never tried it as don't fancy it. There are never many cars outside which puts me off as the food may have been standing around too long. We also love Thai Thani but generally go to the one on I-Drive as the surroundings are more authentic. Lovely food....yum yum!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hey Bigeye - As an alternative, why not take a takeaway back to the villa.

If you are on Hwy-27 I can heartily recommend the chinese takeaway at Berry Town Centre. Everything we have ever had from there has been excellent. If you are stuck for choice, go for the sesame chicken; it's to die for. The portions are huge so order about half of what you think you can eat and you'll be fine ... or put a full order in and that's breakfast, lunch and dinner the following day sorted as well :-)
    Steve

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Hey Bigeye - As an alternative, why not take a takeaway back to the villa.

If you are on Hwy-27 I can heartily recommend the chinese takeaway at Berry Town Centre. Everything we have ever had from there has been excellent. If you are stuck for choice, go for the sesame chicken; it's to die for. The portions are huge so order about half of what you think you can eat and you'll be fine ... or put a full order in and that's breakfast, lunch and dinner the following day sorted as well :-)

I agree, Bamboo Wok is lovely. Food is always fresh and as Steve says the portions are huge. Rice is included so bear that in mind.

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    My parent tried Grand China Buffet last year and said they wouldn't be going back. I also like the takeaway at Berry plus the one on US27/Ronald Reagan (by Beef O'Bradys) and the one at Champions Gate. All deliver. Good advice from Sandra regarding the rice - we always order too much.

Florida Chatterbox
    All i can say is no no no, please dont go