Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Yikes - Manta & Kraken in one day (I'm so brave!)

Cool Yikes - Manta & Kraken in one day (I'm so brave!)

Ever since I have had my kids I seem to have gone off rollercoasters despite being an absolute adrenaline junkie before this.

So, this year on our family visit to Sea World, my 10 year old was tall enough to ride 2 of the biggest and most thrilling coasters in Orlando - Manta & Kraken [msneek] !!

After watching both rides go round for a number of hours (no joke!) I pulled on my bravest face and queued up with her. She thought Christmas had come early and could not believe her luck!

Manta is like nothing I have ever experienced. Even before the ride had got going I was screaming as the seats tilt from the normal seating position to tip you face down to prepare you for the full 'flying like a bird' experience [msnscared] The tall climb up the first hill I had my eyes half closed as it was so high I thought I might pass out - then the descent down into the first upside bit was literally chest-crushing. The force was so amazing. However, after all that I quite enjoyed it and the unique flying experience was actually very thrilling.

No sooner had I recovered from that and we tackled the beast - Kraken.

After Kraken I think everything else will never seem as bad but it's a major ride with drops, twists and turns like no-other. However it's so incredibly smooth that it was quite pleasant and apparently half way round I was calling out "I love it!" but I don't remember that bit!!!

I feel very proud of myself and my family think I am very brave !!!! [clap]

Fair dues to you....I have trouble just waiting on the ground at either of these rides.....hubby loves them!!

I was persuaded to go on them last year when I was on holiday with my son and his family. Being a senior citizen I took some persuading but eventually went on them. I've got to admit I did keep my eyes closed, so perhaps that cheating. Found them very exhilarating.
    Last edited by syrup; 04-11-2012 at 17:20.
    Keith

I used to love coasters but recently have become a bit of a chicken[msnsad]
    i worry about having a stroke or a heart attack[msneek] guess that's what happens when you hit mid fifties, I last rode Kraken about 5 years ago [msncry] Manta wasn't even built then.
    well done for giving it a go, I wish I could.

Keith, I take my hat off to you[msnwink]

Liz

Wow, you are SO brave! I just have to stand and watch my son. I did try the small roller coaster at Harry Potter World (not the big one!) and it scared me to death. Hated every minute.
    ellie

i just cannot bring myself to do these rides... yet as a 15 year old (very many moons ago) i would go on anything and everything... kind of... you're very brave! lol
    Liesa

Nice one!

I rode Manta and Kraken a few times this year when the queues were small you have to take advantage, great coasters. Universals Rip Ride Rockit is extremely fun too and then you have The Hulk over at IOA etc. The Rollercoasters are great especially Busch Gardens (SheiKra and Cheetah Hunt) We normally go to Busch more than once just for a rollercoaster day, great fun