Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip reports by villa owners.

Trip reports by villa owners.

This isn't a trip report more of a poll really but I got a bit legged up trying to post as a poll[msnsad] and the question is probably aimed more at holidaymakers than fellow villa owners but all replies are welcome.

I have only done two trip reports in the eight years of villa ownership and admittedly the first one was full of touristy things. Both seemed well received but I wonder really how interesting reports are to others when they are not crammed full of theme parks and "holiday stuff" ?

I am contemplating a trip report for our upcoming vacation but anyone who has written a trip report (Wendy, yours was a cracker!)can vouch for the fact that it takes time and commitment to make it entertaining for all and if it's not just a holiday report and is peppered with facts about villa ownership, do others find it boring?

Liz

I love reading all the reports and am not just interested in the parks. Most of us who are not villa owners, would like to be owners and so any facts about ownership are interesting to. Our holidays to Florida are not just park visits, I personally love a lot more about the place than that.
    Jan

I also love reading the reports. I did do a long one many years ago, but it was before we were allowed to write about things owners do at their villas when on holiday,(I was a newbie and didn't realise!!) and I had some guests from the Middle East who did $8000 of damage to my villa.[msneek] It got read by quite a few people before it got removed as the reports in those days were only allowed about parks, places etc. I had several PM's from owners and non owners saying how interesting it was to learn about the other side of villa ownership especially from people who did not own, and that people need to know that absolutely everything is not perfect in Florida. It took me ages to write it, and having it removed - without notice - totally put me off writing anymore, so now I just enjoy reading other trip reports no matter what the content is. The PM's and support I got showed me that forum members are happy to read absolutely anything about Florida.

Morning Sandra !
    Trip reports outlining works undertaken for upgrades and repairs will be of great benefit to owners.
    New owners may not know what could be required to keep up the standards.
    Your repairs came out great but at a huge cost. Your home is perfect.
    On a personal note we hope to see you both over there again soon.
    George

Thank you for your kind words George. Perhaps you could relay them to my current guests who actually live near me in Devon although I have never met them. They have moaned about 6/7 things within 24 hours....even that the complimentary Welcome Basket did not have tea in it, and only one packet of cereals - shock horror). My MC went in the villa and took a photo of the basket (after the guests had obviously used some of the things) and lo and behold, what was left in the basket......teabags, plus 2 packs of cereals and some of the other snacks we provide!!!! There is no pleasing some people but fortunately I don't get too many moaning guests as we do strive to keep our villa updated as do many owners on this site.

Alan is over for 3 weeks on 7th November but doubt you are out there, so maybe next year!!

I agree trip reports are time consuming to write, but I love to read them. I especially enjoyed reading villa owners reports and found it intresting to read what goes on behind the scenes. It made me appreciate the lovely villa we stayed in (thanks George and Pamela) in March this year. One day I may find time to write up my trip report, I keep meaning to getting around to it but so far failed miserably. In the past I kept a diary as a word document on my lap top, then on my return home only had to tweek it and post it, that did make things a lot easier.

Diane.
    Last edited by Madabouttigger; 02-11-2012 at 16:52.
    Diane.

I love reading trip reports! i love to read some about the parks we dont do many as we're not big into them but i enjoy reading how others enjoy them, i love reading about the villas good or bad, and yes would love to have my own villa or at least have the sort of cash that owuld enable us to go stay in florida at least 2 or 3 times each year, i love to hear about the shopping, the free stuff or cheap things people find to do, also love to read about eateries! we try some different ones due to other peoples recommendations...
    our next trip is october next year and i look forward to reading about other peoples trips to keep me going until we go again ourselves, i found when i used to do trip reports i would sit quietly in the evenings and write in a big diary things we had done over a day or two and saved it all for a big write up once home, but our stays became more doing nothing to much so didnt write up...

hope we get to read some of the villa owners... each trip we go to home depot, and spend loads of time in walmart tool sections.. xx[clap][clap][clap]
    Liesa

Yes please to villa owner trip reports, I loved writing my reports and I also love reading them, it does take time and effort and it would be nice to hear about reports from the other side of the coin as it were so carry on villa owners let us hear what you do when you are over in the good old U S of A
    Wendy

I'm so sorry to hear to hear about some people disrespecting the houses they stay in .....as visitors we must remember first and foremost that we are staying in somone else's house and to treat the house we visit as we would do our own.
    From a personal perspective, we have booked a villa through our our travel agent and we do not yet know the actual villa we are going to (although we know the villa is in lindfields estate)...but we will certainly treat whatever villa we get with respect .
    I wish i had known about this site before we booked through travel agents. I have already learned so much from this site that i would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going to florida for a holiday.... and 2014(god willing) we will go direct through this site and cut out the travel agents.(and their fees).

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear to hear about some people disrespecting the houses they stay in .....as visitors we must remember first and foremost that we are staying in somone else's house and to treat the house we visit as we would do our own.
    From a personal perspective, we have booked a villa through our our travel agent and we do not yet know the actual villa we are going to (although we know the villa is in lindfields estate)...but we will certainly treat whatever villa we get with respect .
    I wish i had known about this site before we booked through travel agents. I have already learned so much from this site that i would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going to florida for a holiday.... and 2014(god willing) we will go direct through this site and cut out the travel agents.(and their fees).
    I am sure you will enjoy staying in a villa and we all look forward to 2014 when we hope we will be getting an enquiry from this site.