Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trip reports by villa owners.

You will need a "holiday" after all that

Gold 5 Star Member
    Tony, a tip - get some 'spray and forget' from home depot and spray your drive. You won't need to power wash your drive ever again. We reapply about once a year and the drive always looks like its been power washed. You can normally find it in the roofing section.
    Lesley

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Cheers Lesley, wished you had told me that last Saturday !!! will remember that tip for next time.

Cant wait to get back to work for a rest !![]
    Last edited by tony2000; 15-06-2013 at 15:53.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by LesleyB View Post
    Tony, a tip - get some 'spray and forget' from home depot and spray your drive. You won't need to power wash your drive ever again. We reapply about once a year and the drive always looks like its been power washed. You can normally find it in the roofing section.
    The power washing is always my job, will have to check this out.

Great report tony have really enjoyed it. I know how hard the work is in the heat and humidity.
    Lyn

Thanks Tony enjoyed it all xxxxxxxx
    Liesa

Florida Junior
    I love to read owner's TRs as well as all others.

You know, I really enjoyed reading this - it's nice to read a true reflection of life with a villa. Hoping to join the club shortly!

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Christmas vacation !
    Hi All
    Hope you don't mind me sharing my holiday experiences again !
    At Gatwick we saw Richard Branson and Trevor Eve getting into two separate lifts in the departure lounge, which was a bit of a trill for us mere mortals !
    Our flight departed at 16.30 on Monday, which wasn't bad as it was an 11.30 flight !! We got £15.00 vouchers for food & drink & 2000 points air miles for our wasted time! Wasn't trilled with Mr Branson after that !
    At Orlando international, passport control was pretty quick, my suitcase appeared straight away on the carosel, but the rest of my family's suitcases came up the shoot, last !
    We hired a ford suv, & according to the car manual, it can park itself, so that should save a lot of time getting lost around universal studios multi storey car park
    Arrived at our lovely villa, always amazes me how much space you get in these USA homes compared to our shack in the UK !
    Tuesday morning, Sorted out another mobile phone at Walmart, $15.00, and that was with $10.00 dollars worth of calls included!
    Bought a new 4 and half foot Christmas tree with lights on (which is massive to my family & me, as we are all short !) The trees were on 50% sale already, in Target.
    Then me & my eldest boy went to the hair dressers/barbers at 'Four Corners' to smarten ourselves up with a new haircut.
    Bradley went first, then sat down and waited for my head to be scalped.
    My barber ? was an Hispanic lady, her English wasn't the best & my Spanish and bad hearing, were worst !
    I thought she said to me, do I want my collar done, which I took as shaving the back of my neck, so I said Yes ?
    Anyway shes cut my hair, and then (i thought) started heavily shampooing it, which I thought was good of her ?
    Then I get taken to another seat where she washes it, I can see Bradley rolling up with laughter, thought, whats he laughing at, the cheeky devil, I looked in the mirror and instead of seeing my grey, going white receding hair, I now had dark brown/ginger receding hair !! OMG !!
    What I had heard as collar was really colour !
    Anyway, as I was paying for mine & Bradley's haircuts, she says do you want to buy some more colour for when it starts fading after six weeks, Im thinking, that's 2 weeks to go in Florida and then 4 weeks at work !![msnembarrased]
    Got back to the villa and I won't say what Tracy done when she was Laughing, but she's also threatened to send photos of me to friends & family back home, in the UK !!
    Wednesday now.
    Anyway, for todays entertainment, Harry Potter today, what can possibly go wrong!!

Tony
    [beer]

Yay, more trip reports!

Love the bit about the car... and the 'collar'!!

So funny! Thanks for the report - keep them coming
    Dawn Murray