Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip reports by villa owners.

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Hi All !
    Arrived alone yesterday to do same work at the villa, flew in with Monarch on the 9.25am out of Gatwick. Had a £40.00 leg room upgrade (not too sure why because I'm only 5 foot 6 inches ) but paid off (this time) as I had 3 seats to my self near the main doors to the plane, stacks of room and the plane's TV monitor on the bulkhead was a comfortable 6 feet away, (no head rest TV's in economy !). As the food trays came out of the chair arms, I could not push the arms back to give me more room to lay down, but enjoyed the extra space of the two spare seats anyway!
    Travelled light with just my 'allowed' 5kg cabin bag, so spent half an hour in line at Sanford passport control, spent another 10 minutes having a friendly conversation with the passport officer about different makes of paint for my pool decking !! As he was thinking about painting his decking!! I thought to my self, this wouldn't happen at Orlando airport!
    No waiting for suitcases (lovely!) just walked along to the Alamo office.
    Booked my car through OV, so know not to get 'taken in' for car & insurance upgrades.
    Booked smallest car possible, to be told by the Alamo rep that it would be a Fiat 500 with no electric windows, remote key, or AC, and that I should upgrade to a midsize for an extra $100.00 for the week, so called his bluff, said I would take the Fiat, as I exit the Alamo office, another Alamo rep checked my paperwork and said go and pick any one of those cars in the midsize car lane !! so I pick a nice, looks like new, Chrysler 200, about twice the size of a fiat 500, its even got electric seats!
    Arrived at my lovely villa about 5pm to be welcomed by a lightning storm.
    Management company kindly drove me, and brought me a steak dinner and some liquid refreshment at the Ale House., big thanks to them.
    Off to Lowes this morning to try a breakfast at Le Crème Bakery at Cagans Crossing where people from this site have suggested in the passed.

Hope not too many of you have 'nodded off' half way through my first trip report !! [beer]
    Last edited by tony2000; 09-06-2013 at 17:38.

Definitely not nodded off. I love reading trip reports. Thank you.[clap]

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    No i have not nodded off either, nice to read the start of your working trip.

How was your breakfast?

Mary

Thanks tony we all love reading trip reports. Where is Logan's corner for breakfast don't think I have heard of that ?

Nice one - must do a report when we are over in 52 days......perfect excuse to come on OV while having a a glass of something on the deck

Great to read - would love a 'solo' trip, but youngest a bit too young at the moment
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Love to hear how your breakfast was and if you would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrook View Post
    Love to hear how your breakfast was and if you would recommend it.
    Me too! We kept meaning to try this place the last time we were over and never managed it! That Starbucks drive through is just too darn convenient!!
    Caroline & Dave

Thanks for sharing - didn't nod off![]
    Diane.

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    OK, today went a bit wrong ! Tried Le Crème at Cagans Crossing early about 8am but it was closed with a sign on the door, saying it has been closed on Sundays lately as they have been setting up another café in Orlando, so they must be doing well, anyway went over the road to Walmart to get shorts, shirt and trainers ready for the game of golf (if there's time between the afternoon down pours !)
    Trainers only $10.00 (nothing but the best for the best !) Yer right !!
    Come back to Le Crème at 9am ish, still closed so went to the café next door, was a bit sparsely furnished, but the owners were friendly enough, they gave me free coffee, with my 2 eggs, funny sausages & toast, and same bits of cake they had made earlier, for me to taste? there was another American couple in the café who obviously knew the owners, they kept talking about another flea market that had just opened this weekend on the 192, about 2 miles east from the 27 junction. The new flea market is all indoor, so nicely air conditioned, I think that's to show the animal cruelty people that they are treating the fleas with some respect ? []
    Any way you guessed it, I walked out of the café after my brekkie to look to my left & saw Le Crème had opened ! [!]
    So will try Cagans crossing on Tuesday morning as tomorrow, to me, but today to you ! Massey the termite people are carrying out their annual inspection, another $150.00 gone !
    For the rest of today, I changed some dead light bulbs, not as easy as it sounds, as there in some peculiar places, weeded the back garden, brought some new drip trays for the cooker and had a swim in the pool, now, where shall I go for dinner???
    I will bore you with the details tomorrow !

Try to stay awake at the back, please!!
    Last edited by tony2000; 10-06-2013 at 08:02.