Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photograpgy at Disney/Universal

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    I bought the camera connection kit and it didn't work with our camera (Canon EOS), so it might be worth checking yours is OK before you go if you're going to rely on it.
    I bought a non Apple one on ebay for £2.50 inc p/p (at that price it's worth a dabble) and found it works fine on both my Samsung NX100 and my sons Panasonic Lumix with no problems.
    Also check out "ipad camera connection kit" at Amazon for good reviews of one for £3.99 inc p/p

I also downloaded an app "Best Albums" that enables me to email pictures at a sensible size.
    Last edited by syrup; 30-10-2012 at 15:55.
    Keith

I have the camera connection kit for my I-pad and have not had any problems with it so far. However, I was nervous of buying it as I, like Caroline, had read a few negative reviews. My camera is a Nikon, so don't know if that makes a difference.

The only good thing is that if it doesn't work they will give you a full refund.

You could always take your I-pad and SD card with you to the shop and try it out to see if it works. They are usually very willing to help in the Apple shops.
    ellie

We have gwo ipads and the connection kit came with each one. It does work fine with JPG images.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Hope your wife is prepared for your new hobby. When walking around the parks I am always having to wait while Bill takes photos. It all works out well though as my hobby is scrapbooking so hew takes the pictures and I scrapbook them.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    i think she is quite supportive, as she wants me to take the best photos i can as we are gong to put them up on the wall.

besides she can always go on a ride with the little one while i take photos. Plus i wont be dong it everyday anyway so its ok.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Here are some Epcot Illuminatinos photos I did a few years ago.

These were shot with a D70, so quite old technology by today's standards; although it's not really about the camera, it's what you do with it that counts.

If you follow along with the link (above) you should get something similar. It might take a couple of tries to get into the swing of it, but it's practice (rather than the camera) that will lead to good photos. We have bonfire night coming up in a few days so that's an ideal time to have a go at some fireworks photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0658.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0661.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0662.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0664.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0666.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	584
    Steve

For fireworks make sure you are up wind. Mostly you get still air but there can be a slight breeze and if you are the wrong end of it, forget the photos.

Florida Savvy
    am back now (sigh!), seems ages ago that i was typing out this conversation!

Anyway i took in excess of 1,400 photos, and my fireworks ones at Wishes came out really well (although someone kicked my tripod so everything is slightly off centre, but nothing the photoshop cant fix)

hjere are a few of the ones that i took. Am going to get one of them put onto a canvas and up on the wall. not sure whether to go with an original one's or "create" one using photoshop combining all the best shots..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture1.jpg   Picture2.jpg   Picture3.jpg   Picture4.jpg  

Florida Savvy
    Stunning pictures, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    I bought the camera connection kit and it didn't work with our camera (Canon EOS), so it might be worth checking yours is OK before you go if you're going to rely on it.
    I got an ipad - USB adapter for a few ponds off Amazon and it worked fine. We uploaded all our photos whilst in Florida. When I first plugged it in, I got an error message saying not compatable, but it then worked, no problems.

Diane.
    Diane.