Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Florida Savvy

Sandy

I know its up North now around New York, but has there been any flight disruption to the US East Coast.
    We are flying on thursday but i think it will all have settled down by then anyway....

Florida Chatterbox
    We just had a strange week! We were due to fly tuesday morning to Orlando via Newark and unfortunately ( or fortunately now) had to re-arrange till the 14th November due to circumstances. I'm thinking now that it was just as well as no way will the flight get there on Tuesday and the cancellations will take days to get back to normal. Its also the NY marathon on Sunday so I would think there are going to be major issues to be resolved before then!
    Andy

Florida Savvy
    that was lucky i suppose in the end!

am hoping that flights to Orlando are going to be ok on thursday...

Florida Savvy
    i just checked the Virgin Atlantic website and it seems only flights to NYC and Washington are cancelled today. everything else seems to be on time which is good.

My sister lives in Delaware and they are all hunkered down just waiting now for the storm to hit. Florida has had its fair share of hurricanes over the years and seems to have escaped this one, but thoughts are with all those further up the East Coast. Stay safe.
    Alison and Danny

We go Wednesday :-) so I hope

We have just arrived back in the UK this morning and the pilot took us out over the Azores up through France, pver The Channel Islands and home, it took longer but was a relatively smooth ride. We had high winds and rain for the last few days of our holiday which was apparently down to Sandy.
    Wendy

We are all packed and ready to leave in the morning (Tuesday). We almost booked flights via New York as we were planning on spending a few days there before going on to the villa. Thankfully we changed our mind and are flying from Gatwick on Virgin direct to Orlando. Flight is showing as on time so don't expect too many problems........famous last words!

Need to get some sleep as up at 7.45am for the taxi arriving!
    Jim

Gold 5 Star Member
    [QUOTENeed to get some sleep as up at 7.45am for the taxi arriving![/QUOTE]

Tha's considered a "lay in " in our house
    Babblin Boo

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    The news here is talking of 1000s of flights disrupted so OIA may be a bit chaotic but as Wendy has said flights direct from the Uk can rearrange thier route to avoid Sandy.
    Lyn