Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: A jolly holiday part 5

A jolly holiday part 5

Monday

Another bright and beautiful day looms and it sees me again waiting for everyone else to wake up while I sit on by the pool with my coffee, I will really miss this time of the day when I go home.... some squirrels are playing chase up and down the pool cage and some very noisy birds are singing in the trees behind the villa.

It was decided last night that IOA and Universal were to be our ports of call for today so after some noise from me in the house everyone surfaced and had breakfast, made themselves ready and off we went, we arrived at Universal car park at about 10.30 and the queues for the car park were very long, I hadn't consulted the busy day guide for today so I was imagining that IOA where we were headed first was going to be very crowded... how wrong I was, everyone was walking towards Universal today so IOA was relatively quiet, Gary and Jennifer went on the Hulk twice with no waiting times while Bryony and I went and sat opposite Dr Dooms Fear Fall to wait for them, Gary went straight onto Dr Doom so Jennifer came and sat with us, worst decision of the day for her because when she sat down a man in a costume with a horrible green mask face snuck up behind her and put his green hand on her shoulder, I have never seen anyone move so fast in all my life, it was very funny but at the same time she looked absolutely terrified, I calmed her down just as Gary came off Dr Doom, so we quickly moved on ... we walked round to Jurrasic Park and on the way both Jennifer and Bryony got themselves temporary tattoos, we walked around the Jurrasic Park Centre while Gary went on the water ride and after the usual baby raptor hatching (it was really cute to see all the young children totally caught up in the egg hatching senario and getting really excited about seeing the baby) we headed off to WWOHP again where Bryony had decided she would go on the dragon ride, WWOHP didn't seem to be as crowded today and it meant that we could have a good look at most of the shop windows and go into the Owlery and the post office, I still think it isn't as good as all the hype made it out to be but after a second look around, I was a little more impressed than when we went last week. After WWOHP we decided to head over to Universal and go on the rides that we hadn't been on last week, Universal was chock a block today which is very unusual as whenever we have been it has always been quite quiet, we went on the Twister ride and then made our way up to Disaster but decided not to go on that because there was a 45 minute wait and people were queuing outside. We ended up going round to Men in Black and whilst I held the bags Gary and the girls went on to see if they could beat their scores from last week, Bryony won today but Gary and Jennifer both swore that their guns weren't working properly !! we walked round to Terminator because in all the times we have been to Universal over the years I have never managed to see the show, and quess what yet again I didn't manage to see it... we decided by that time that our feet hurt and made our way back towards the exit, Betty Boop saw us and I thought she was quite scary actually, no-one seemed to want to have their picture taken with her, and she made a beeline for us but we quickly scooted past and on our way through CityWalk surprised the girls with a meal in Bubba Gump Shrimp Company..... nearly $150 lighter (it was nice but not that nice) we made our way back to the villa for some pool time.

Just as we got indoors the phone rang and it was Gregory (our son) letting us know that Olly Purs (one of our cats, named after Olly Murs) had hurt his leg and couldn't put it on the ground and that he had rang my mum to find out what to do (very responsible of him, if you knew my son, you would know why I was so shocked at that). It ended up that my Mum had taken him to the vet and after x rays etc it had been decided that he had pulled a muscle in his leg so I now owe my mum and dad lots of money and and we have a limpy cat ....

Tuesday

It was decided that today would be a relaxing day so we decided in the morning to take a trip to Walmart and have a wander round there and we ended up buying lots of bags of Hersheys to take home for people and a rather large sub roll and "doings" to make up a lunch, we spent the rest of the day lounging round the pool reading and the girls doing homework and then went out to Chili's for dinner.

Wednesday

Only a few days left now so we went to SeaWorld to do the bits that we hadn't done last week. it was very quiet and we ended up in preferred parking (having paid for normal) because the car park was empty. Bryony and I sat in the shade while Gary and Jennifer went on Manta again and we then walked round to Wld Artic and went straight in to the helicoptor ride, Gary and Jennifer came off looking quite green and we walked round in the cool, which was lovely, the belugas were very active, the polar bears were out and the walrus was posing for photos through the window which we have never seen before so lots of photo opportunities. After Wild Artic it was just after 1 pm so we walked round to the Blue Horizons show to watch the dolphins again, it was a totally different show this time, different trainers and different dolphins and it made for a much more exciting show, they also used a black whale this time which they didn't last week, the stadium was packed and by the end of the show the crowd were up on their feet clapping. We walked round to the dolphin nursery and saw the babies who were very cute and then on to Turtle Trek which was new to us, the first part was nice like looking at giant tropical fish tanks, the first one with manatees and the second with turtles, when we walked through to the third part of the exhibit it was a 3D IMAX theatre showing the life of a turtle, it was very good but it made all of us feel quite ill, so much so that Jennifer had to sit down on the floor. It took her a while to recover when the show had finished so as it was nearly 3 pm we decided to make our way back to the villa, a quick phone call home to check on Olly Purs then more pool time, I don't think we have ever had so much relaxing time by thepool in all the holidays we have had in Caroline's beautiful home, dinnertonight was at Perkins then home for a movie and bed.
    Wendy

A jolly holiday part 5

Am loving these reports glad you are all having a fantasic time can't wait to be there only 6 days to go :-)

Florida Chatterbox
    Another great report, its good to hear you are enjoying your stay at the villa. Visiting the parks is great, but to have a beautiful villa to return to is the icing on the cake.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay and looking forward to reading your next report.

still loving it Wendy! dreading u going home.. what will i do until we go?????? xx
    Liesa

Loving your reports and have no wish for them to end. Pleased you like harry potter more this time. We thought it was great and were not disappointed at all. Turtle trek is a good, new addition we think and am looking forward to the new Antarctic ride which is opening next year. Chillis ! oh yes! love that place, best margaretti's ever and that starter of crispy onions and jalapenos yummm!!!
    Jan

Loved the reports, I was with you every step of the way [msnwink]
    Diane.

Great trip reports iv really enjoyed reading them all

Relaxing by the pool is one of the best things about staying in a villa IMHO.[zzz]

Liz

Florida Savvy
    Another great trip report! Relaxing pool time is one of our favorites too.