Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Credit Card

Florida Newbie

Credit Card

We'd like to get some stuff shipped to us from US stores but only have UK credit cards which is obviosuly a problem because they are registerede to a UK address.

Is there any way around this? Could we get a pre-loaded debit card, would that work?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Give your UK credit card a go Dominic, and maybe give them a call first to let them know what you are trying to do. Some online stores are smart enough to be able to take a UK billing address. Some aren't but don't seem to check the address when authorising the payment. And some are quite finnicky and won't accept or authorise a card from a UK address. If they insist on you entering a ZIP code, just use the ZIP code from the address you are shipping to.

If there is something specific try dropping them an email first and explain what you want to do. I've done that many times in the past. The smaller retailers tend to be incredibly helpful. The large ones are sometimes not quite so good - but then the really big online stores typically don't sell things that you can't find elsewhere ... where you can place the order for them.
    Steve

I have used my UK credit card to purchase goods from the US - Macy's website even recognises you are connecting from the UK and offers to show you the prices in sterling.

Florida Savvy
    It works the other way around also though...I can't order from the Next website and pay with my US credit card. In hindsight though, that might not be a bad thing!

I order a lot from the USA and the card never works online. If you call them they can get around it quite easily.

Are you buying online from a website? which website(s)?

I use my German credit card to purchase online from both US and UK websites, and have shipped to addresses in both countries in all combinations (UK website to UK address, UK website to US address, US website to US address, US website to UK address). All with a billing address in Germany. I've never once had a problem.
    Keith

Florida Savvy
    Sniff, my problem comes with using a UK website to ship to Italy with a US card!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnmitch View Post
    Sniff, my problem comes with using a UK website to ship to Italy with a US card!
    I'm not sure what you're looking to buy, but I find Amazon are particularly well set up for international purchases and shipping
    Keith

If they have paypal facility then should not be a problem , we have purchased quite a few things in the past from USA web sites and no problem being sent or shipped to our UK address.

Florida Chatterbox
    I also use paypal wherever possible. Amazon is no issue so you can access many retailers through that site. Many retailers are also on eBay so you can go that route (even without a paypal account, paying by card). As I understand it, the retailers get hit by the anti-money laundering responsibilities of the Patriot Act if you have a non-US card or a non-US registered address for the card so many just don't accept them. Go through a paypal account (or pay on card at paypal) and paypal take on the responsibility so the retailer is happy. Or that's how I understood it anyway.