Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biomectric Fingerprints

Biomectric Fingerprints

My wife had problems getting her fingerprints read last year at MCO airport which caused quite a substantial delay after already queuing for over an hour. This was the first time in numerous visits to the USA.

We are going again in December and dread the thought of having the same problem.

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.
    Keith

Florida Savvy
    I always have the same problem.

Just before you put your fingers on the reader, press them lightly on your forehead.

Sounds odd I know, but it has worked for me since someone told me about it.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Drink plenty of water on the plane, dehydration is apparently a major cause of fingerprint failure, I did also hear rubbing hand cream in before you got off the plane as well so it has a bit of time to soak in. Wonder how long it will be before the next generation don't have any fingerprints left on their forefingers to due touchsreen and texts?
    Last edited by steph_goodrum; 20-10-2012 at 10:21.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    I was also told by US Immigration Officers that it is females who have this problem more than males.

As already said the forehead and behind the ears are the places to rub a finger, I find the hand cream method just before getting off the plane works best for me.
    Clare R

As others have said, you need to replace the oils from your skin that have been lost by inflight dehydration.
    the women thing is also correct, it's those blasted female hormones again and it's worse for menopausal women!![msneek]

Liz

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice.
    Keith

I was carted into secondary question 5 times consecutively with fingerprint problems. Did all of the above, rubbing the forehead etc. It was not a good experience but I sort of expected it. However, touch wood, when I went in March and again in September they let me though without the secondary questioning thank goodness. I was still nervous though. Good luck and let us know how you went on.

Florida Expert
    I was also sent into the 'back room' not a good experience, I told the Women IO that as it is mainly women that have this problem it must be due to the fact of all the hard work they undertake, it has rubbed the fingerprints off !!
    Dorothy

Gold 5 Star Member
    I had a similar experience in Tokyo earlier this year and it wasn't easy to converse with an Immigration Officer who spoke very broken English. I have to say that I found it a pretty intimidating experience even though it was all done in that very respectful way the Japanese always treat you. It was all sorted out eventually but I was genuinely preparing to be held in some sort of detention center and then (hopefully!) be flown home.

Had the US secondary a few times but they always strike me as bluffers trying to act tough which I find hard to take all that seriously.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 19-10-2012 at 19:21.

[QUOTE=Katys Grandad;701940]

Had the US secondary a few times but they always strike me as bluffers trying to act tough which I find hard to take all that seriously.[/QUOTE

it's happened a few times to us as well. Mrs T seems to have virtually invisible fingerprints and needs to have several goes at it before it takes. I damaged my index finger years ago on an industrial grinder and it seems to upset the electronic reader. I get asked continually what on earth I have done to it.

The bit which bothers me is the acting tough. We notice this all the time. Given that it's bound to happen dozens of times a day, why, when they take you to the secondary stage, do they immediately become officious and hostile? This has invariably been the case with us, yet 99.9% of the time when there's a problem with reading it, or a mis-match, it's bound to be an innocent explanation. I bite my tongue, because nothing good can ever come of any alternative course of action, but it would be very much appreciated if they could use a little common sense, look at the family, realise this is likely to be an innocent case and then try to be a little more pleasant.
    Last edited by Tonish; 20-10-2012 at 01:04. Reason: Grammatical error
    Tonish