Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta from Manchester

Florida Chatterbox

Delta from Manchester

Hi All

ok looks like delta it is for us, Can anyone tell me how they compare to virgin, seat space, headrest tv, are there free drink etc etc

Thanks

Paul

Florida Expert
    Free soft drinks and wine, other drinks are $7 - credit card only, no cash
    Clare R

Florida Savvy
    You can put your flight number into [website edited as per forum rules] (am I allowed to post this here? - I'm afraid not) and they will tell you all of that kind of info
    Last edited by MTP; 09-10-2012 at 18:16. Reason: Remove website link

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for that, so no free coffee?? seat back tv??

Florida Expert
    Tea and coffee on after meal service, or you can have it when the drinks trolley comes round. Normal backseat TV - I am talking about Delta to and from LHR here as of last week and can't imagine Manchester flights will be much different.

Seat pitch, depends how big you are frankly as to whether it is OK, can't remember the exact inches but it is available on Delta website.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare R View Post
    Tea and coffee on after meal service, or you can have it when the drinks trolley comes round. Normal backseat TV - I am talking about Delta to and from LHR here as of last week and can't imagine Manchester flights will be much different.
    I don't know if it is any different on those flights but it is a different aircraft transatlantic so IFE might not be the same although, as you say, unlikely that the drinks situation would be inconsistent.

Florida Chatterbox
    used them a couple years ago change in Atlanta. I was very impressed with service and entertainment on the flight. Seat space I found better than virgin

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Vickk

Florida Expert
    Flew economy this August, indirect from Heathrow (LHR > ATL > TPA / MCO > JFK > LHR).
    Found them a lot better than Virgin with touch screen TV's where you can start the entertainment when you want and also pause if needed. Crew very good and plentiful drinks, food was edible :-)

Flying again with them next year and whilst price takes priority they would currently be my first choice carrier.

Florida Savvy
    It's funny how the IFE changes perceptions. When we flew Delta from Venice, Italy to JFK two years ago we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been allocated a seat in Economy plus. The seats had just been installed and weren't on sale yet, it was just luck of the draw. You would have thought though that while the aircraft was out of service for the new seat install, they could have upgraded the IFE system. Sat in our nice big comfy seats, only to get a stiff neck trying to watch the overhead screen with inadequate sound system. After being spoiled on Lufthansa, we are now faced with the decision of a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt on our return home, or Delta's poor entertainment system on our next flight in April (they still haven't upgraded yet). With a 7 and 9 year-old it's a tough decision. Living in Italy is great, but trying to get to Florida is a nightmare, a nine hour transatlantic flight is actually a 17 hour (minimum) trip.