Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hand luggage

Florida Newbie

Hand luggage

Hi

I am flying with Delta in a few days time. On the delta website it says the size of the hand luggage and this is quite big, a holdall in itself. Just wondered do others take large hand luggage or just a small bag? I have lots of paperwork to take and bits and a holdall would probably have to be put on its side to fit into the luggage check size so a bit worried about what to take now.

Thanks all

Florida Expert
    Just flown to and from Tampa via Atlanta with Delta. Americans are used to taking everything with them and calling it hand luggage, this is because they are charged $25 a case certainly on their domestic flights. The overhead bins on the trans-Atlantic portion of the flight are adequate but if you are going indirect you will end up on a domestic flight with smaller plane, smaller overhead bins and the Americans filling up the first empty bin they see even if they are seated right at the back of the plane, have seen this happen many times.

The shout always goes up on the domestic flight that the cases have to go in the bins wheels first. If you are taking paperwork I would suggest you put it in a soft-sided briefcase and put it under the seat in front.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare R View Post
    Just flown to and from Tampa via Atlanta with Delta.
    Hey snap but next month.

Lynne