Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Golf this November

Florida Savvy

Golf this November

Hi all,

going back again 4 weeks today for 16 days of fun in the sun.

This year have booked to play the following courses
    Falcons Fire
    Hawks Landing
    Highlands Reserve
    Marriott Grand Pines.

Anyone played these, and can let me know what they are like?

Playing these this year as they are all new courses for us, except Falcons Fire, which is my favourite in the world, purely as it was the first i played in Orlando and it brings back memories of being in Florida when i think about it.

I have already played at; Disneys Lake Buena Vista, Disneys Palm, Disney Magnolia, Disneys Osprey Ridge, Disney's Eagle Pines (before it was destroyed for a hotel), Falcons Fire, Mystic Dunes, Eagle creek, Southern Dunes, Harmomy Reserve, Providence, Shingle Creek, Disneys Celebration, & Champions Gate (National)

Hi,

I've played Falcon's Fire and Highlands Reserve. HR was good, but not breathtaking like FF or some of the other ones on your list! We played it as it was quite straight forward and it helped get my game back as I wasn't playing too well and we were going up to play Sawgrass a couple of days later! It's quite up and down, to say it's hilly is an exaggeration but it's definitely not flat. Good for beginner and experienced.

Celebration is my favourite course. We'll be in Orlando same time as you but no golf for us this year - not when you have a 3 year old in tow!

Hope you enjoy all the courses.

Julie

Florida Savvy
    I also am bringing a three year old as well, fortunately my mum and dad are coming with us so me and dad can go golf, and the wife and mum can stay with the little one.
    Am only playing HR, as its one we havent played before, it does look pretty straightforward on the site, (and cheap!)
    its an aim for me and dad to play as many of the courses out there as possible without trying to duplicate.

Would really like to play Sawgrass, but i think that will have to wait until my boy is older and if he takes it up as well.

I like Celebration as well, i played there the last two years when out there, i love it as a course too, especially the par 3's last year i played them 2 under which was i thought was good, especially as we had the video camer aout as well for some added presusre!

We had the luxury of the grandparents with us last year so we got to play Celebration which was fab. Might make it to mini golf this year!

Hopefully you'll get to Sawgrass, it's amazing. The package we had was a round at Dyes Valley and a round at the Stadium.

The other one that I think looks great is the Waldorf Astoria Orlando http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/golf/ hopefully get to that one at some point.

Florida Savvy
    i also would like to play the Walkdorf Astoria course, we stay in Disney All Star Resorts so , its technically the closest course to us.

however, it is very expensive, maybe next year i think.

Florida Savvy
    you should try Diamond Back, really good course and excellent value, also look at Metro West another fine course.

Florida Savvy
    I nearly booked diamondback for last year, but took it out at the last minute as its a bit of a trek i think.

MetroWest is another i havent played yet.
    That one is down for the next trip. too many courses and not enough time!

Still all 4 are now booked for this year, had to wait for grand pines as you can only book 4 weeks in advance.

Oh roll on two weeks today when i will be arriving at Gatwick about now....