Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another reason to book a villa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Fully endorse what you say in regard to hotels, we have stayed in many all over the world and can honestly say 90% were excellent.

However on occasion hotels do not always show clearly the erroneous charges that can be added.
    As with my phone bill in LA. Yes the charges were indicated on the room telephone but nowhere did it say a call made in LA to another telephone in LA was considered long distance.
    Long distance to most of us would be a call from LA to Las Vegas for example.

On occasion they do get it wrong and the comment "your company will pay was jaw dropping".

Lynne

Florida Chatterbox
    HI all

We stayed in several hotels and the last one was the Disney Dolphin (before we bought our villa), cost an abosolute fortune on not only the hotel but meals and having to go out all the time as it was no fun being in just one large room all the time. My vote goes to private villa's every time. Cindy

The biggest drawback for the neighbor was that this was an unexpected charge- no doubt that had been brought in since he booked his holiday. He felt that he had stayed regularly in hotels in the Orlando area and not been charged before so did not see why he should be charged this time. As he said to me " you need a car whether you stay in a hotel or a villa and want to go out and about". If the charge had been made known to him at the time of booking he would have chosen another hotel in the first place and not had to pay to change his booking.Personally I believe the tour operator was in part to blame for this too but things do change. I too have stayed in hotels that have charged for parking - more often in city centers - but I factored it in to my costs. However it seems that the parking charge is becoming more widespread - which has to affect the costings of your stay.
    Personally I love the space even when there is just the two of us and the memory of being trapped in a hotel room however lovely with my two sons during family holidays will serve as a reminder of what is important to me. Just come back from the Paralympics where I was a Games Maker - I rented a 1 bed flat ( which incidentally had parking that I did not use) for less than I would have paid for a hotel room. I had a fully fitted kitchen,bedroom, bathroom, balcony overlooking Canary Wharf and the city, washing machine etc one stop from the Olympic Park on the DLR.
    Much, much nicer, especially for a long stay. For my next trip to London I would do the same again.
    Last edited by Jeanmd; 04-10-2012 at 20:22.

Florida Savvy
    I have stayed in both a villa and a hotel, but for just two of us I struggle to afford a villa so we go in condos- you get lots of space, free parking, catering and laundry facilities. I wish you did a condo site too! If money was no problem, a villa would win hands down every time tho!!

What a great idea - a Condo section.

Florida Savvy
    We much prefer staying in a villa. With two children we don't have to worry about keeping quiet after they go to bed; I can keep track of them in our private pool a lot more easily than a crowded hotel pool; we aren't limited to eating out at restaurants; I am guaranteed a parking space; no worries about vacating the room in order to let the housekeeper in every morning; and because the nightly cost for us is always less than a hotel, we can extend the length of our holiday