Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to book a villa

Another reason to book a villa

I just thought I would share this with everyone - my mother's neighbor goes to Florida regularly and always to a hotel. Have tried persuading them that a villa is nicer but ....... anyway. He may be thinking again as this time he was told AFTER they had booked that the hotel was making a $16 + taxes PER DAY charge for parking his hire car. He refused to pay and when he was told that he had no option he moved hotels to one that does not charge. Then he had to pay a fee for changing his booking. I reminded him that we have 2 parking spaces in our drive way and that we do not charge extra. So if you have chosen to stay in a villa - which I suspect you have- that is one more saving that you could be making. $240 plus taxes for 15 days parking gets you lots of extras in Florida. Well done on making a wise choice.

That is something that most of us villa owners have probably never though about but it is so true. There is also the fact that it is often so much cheaper especially with young children to buy food, even if it is convenience food and to eat at home.
    Also many of us owners love our homes, it is not just a business, and as such keep adding extras that we often don't advertise. We used to go to hotels, but since first staying in a villa we have never done so again and then we bought our own little bit of paradise which we are now able to share with others.

Andrena

Couldn't agree more. The wife and I have regularly visited various parts Florida and a other places in the USA (not as nice) since first taking our boys to Orlando over 20 years ago and have always stayed in hotels. Last year we went back to Orlando with one son and his family and stayed in a villa, what a difference. Home from home, if you feel like a day in you don't have to worry about maids coming to do the room plus no hidden extras.

Just the two of us are going back in December, not doing the theme parks just doing the other great things there are to do in Orlando and have booked a villa. I don't think we would consider a hotel again.

Keith

Another reason to book a villa

Would never stay in a hotel. We love the villas. Own private pool, hottub, lots of bedrooms, bathrooms and places to roam. You can grab a beer out of the refrigerator when ever you want and relax by the pool with your own family and cook your meals. All this with great savings compared to a hotel.
    Randy Johnston

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    When I was at work one of the drivers always stayed in a hotel because his only child liked to go in the pool with other children. I can understand this but you can always go to the communal pool and a villa is so much more relaxing. In my opinion once we had stayed in a villa, that was it, no more hotels for us.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Would never stay in a hotel. We love the villas. Own private pool, hottub, lots of bedrooms, bathrooms and places to roam. You can grab a beer out of the refrigerator when ever you want and relax by the pool with your own family and cook your meals. All this with great savings compared to a hotel.
    Another advantage is that once children are in bed, you aren't creeping round or trying to watch limited tv channels with the sound turned down so as not to disturb them Once they are tucked up if the adults want to swim or have a meal outside they can with the security the children are safe and sound and still feel like they are on holiday.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I dislike those parking charges especially when I'm paying high rates for the room and the 2 seem to go hand in hand.

I think hotels have their place in the holiday choices available and I've stayed in some very nice (and some pretty poor) ones over the years. That said, I don't think they're the best option for the traditional 2 week family holiday in Orlando for the reasons above.

Our recent trip ( september ) is the first time we have not had a villa but used a hotel.
    While we couldn't fault the hotel we would never do it again. It's just not the way
    to enjoy florida imho.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We did a road trip from Nashville to Phoenix this summer and so stayed in hotels along the way. In the main it was not an issue and most hotels did offer free parking and free wi-fi, but some did not and it did not seem right paying for something that really should be included. What next, pay extra for a TV in your room etc etc ?

This does not really compare to the Orlando area by the sound of the above comments as it sounds like paying for parking at hotels is much more widespread (I've no idea if this is true as we always stay at our villas when in Orlando).

Gold 5 Star Member
    We had to pay for parking when we stayed in San Franciso, about 10 years ago and also in Boston.

I guess if the hotels are in the center of a large metropolis this could be the reason.

I know in San Francisco we declined the hotel parking and used the parking garage ooposite as we saved about $10 a night.

It is quite common in the States.

Lynne