Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 3 questions

Florida Junior

3 questions

Hi, it's been a while since I posted but planning a trip so have a few questions,

Where have Dollar gone? Don't seem to be getting a price from Dollar, only Alamo & National, doesn't seem to matter what dates I type in. I have used Dollar twice in the past out of MCO and was very happy & would be happy to use again.

Are the issues regarding the Alamo / National kiosks all sorted, I'll be carrying an Irish drivers license, will they work?.

OK last question, I am used to being allocated a car, no problem with that but if I choose Alamo, and get to pick my own car, are the different catagory of cars clearly identified?, would hate to book a compact and drive off in a full size by mistake.

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome back

I can answer some questions so here goes.

1. I think there were some customer service issues with Dollar and Alamo could provide a better deal which accounts for the fact that Dollar are no longer available.

2. Last set of posts on here seemed to suggest that the kiosks worked OK now. However I'm guessing that the poster had a UK license so maybe someone else can add to this.

3. Alamo clearly mark their rows with the type of car and this is also checked at the exit booth of the car park. So no problem here.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    You'll find Dollar and other providers available at www.floridahire.com It's US Car Hire's sister site.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 23-09-2012 at 21:10.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    You'll find Dollar and other providers available at www.floridahire.com It's US Car Hire's sister site.
    Why are there two options?

I have been booking via this site for years and only just seen that there is a choice of sites to go to? What is the difference?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post

I have been booking via this site for years and only just seen that there is a choice of sites to go to? What is the difference?
    Good question.
    Lyn

i just tried florida car hire and it ended up as usa car hire, why two?
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

I presume 1 is for the USA market and the other for the European market.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We've always had the 2 sites, although it's the US Car Hire one people usually come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've recently booked a car from Dollar for December via the UScar hire site. Perhaps the rates are not available yet for the dates you want? I seem toremember last year they came out quite late for the summer.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've just treid 1st-8th Oct this year and Dollar quote a price but when I tried 1st-8th Aug 2013 they didn't so suspect it is as I thought and their rates aren't out yet.
    Babblin Boo