Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport choice

Personally I do not mind which airport I fly into, Orlando international, Sanford even Tampa as long as I am going on holiday to Florida, but my husband hates Sanford don't really know why apart from he usually misses the turning into the airport when leaving !!
    Val

Compared to LAX, MCO is a doddle. I would use which ever is the cheapest to get to and this year that airport was Tampa.

Dave

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    In the summer months we fly with Thompson as they fly from East Midlands & Birmingham, we can be at EMA in 15 minutes so this would be our choice, and they fly into Sanford, airport is OK never had a queue for the car but a bit boring on the return leg as not much to do.

When we fly in the winter months for an extended stay we use BA or Virgin and they fly into Orlando or Tampa. Orlando has a lot of shops and food places before you go through security and some quite nice seating areas, it is also not that far from our villa so thats a bonus.

Flew into Tampa once and found getting through immigration etc was quite quick but when we returned to the airport after our stay hit a lot of traffic so hubby was not impressed.

So all in all our 1st choice would be Orlando, but Sanford is fine if you want to fly out of a regional airport in the UK
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know it's a bit Off Topic but I think Fort Myers is by far the easiest and most pleasant of the all the Florida airports to fly in and out of but there are no UK direct flights there.

It's a long time since I used Sanford but I do recall being delayed by many hours on a flight home there a few years ago and it was a very unpleasant experience. If all goes to plan though it's fine.

MCO's OK but compared to a lot of other US airports the airside facilities are a bit lacking for me but there's nothing really wrong with it. The Hyatt Regency within the terminal is the best of all the airport hotels I've used in the US and I've stayed in an awful lot of them over the years,

We loved Fort Myers when we flew down after a break in New York. As we were on an Internal flight we had no customs or immigration to clear, ours was the only hold luggage - every one else had carry on cases, so no waiting for bags, seemed a bit odd as we were the only people in the luggage hall, got to car hire and only one person in front of us. It was amazingly easy, will fly into Fort Myers again.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    MCO for us..... Flights to Sanford are charter, so no good as we go for 16/18 day holidays.

That said, a long, long time ago we flew out of Sanford & they managed to get people onto "wrong" aircraft........

On getting to our seats, we found another family sat in our seat row.... They were "Very" insistent "They" were in "Their" seats. Only to find out "They" were on the Manchester plane, not the Gatwick plane[msneek][msneek][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

The Captain got everyone to sit down, a head count was done, then about 16/20 people stood up & got off........ That freed up space for people stood in the galley area[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

MCO goes on forever is soooooo huge! my leg ends up hurting so bad so we try and get our flights to sanford, i usually get wheelchair assistance and straight thru immigration... we found the immigration staff better at sanford friendlier and nice to the kids.... maybe its just us... but overall prefer Sanford
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Sanford for me, MCO too big and takes too long to get in and out.

Thanks for all the reply's , must admit i'd never gave the other airports a second thought as only ever used sanford or orlando.

Florida Savvy
    Wouldn't care as it would mean I was arriving for another visit
    Ian Mcc