Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport choice

Airport choice

Hi having just returned from our recent orlando holiday.
    I wondered which airport do most of you prefer sanford or orlando international.
    This was our 5th time but our 1st to orlando int and i must say i would pick
    sanford every time.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I don't particularly like sanford as there is not much to do and the cafe's are rubbish. if we go to sanford it will be from bristol airport and the one advantage is that there is no other flight coming in close time wise so the car desk is quiet, but again as we are one of the last flights out on Sunday, everything is virtually shut down. MCO although a lot busier arrivals and car desks. I find much more to do if you are delayed etc, and great for people watching. So I would like to rip both airports in half and have the best of both.
    CERI

For me MCO every time....feels like USA
    Last edited by carolmc; 21-09-2012 at 18:47.

Florida Chatterbox
    Only flown into Sanford once (this May) and found it okay. Fairly quick through immigration and customs and picking up car but when returning home found the facilities not as good as MCO.

I guess its down to personal choice but of the two I prefer MCO but would fly into Sandford if we get a better deal on the price of flights.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Well I'm going to throw a spanner into the works as I prefer to fly to Tampa. Same distance as Sanford and quieter than MCO.
    Christine

(Well I'm going to throw a spanner into the works )No need to get violent lol.

We have always booked the royal palm lounge at sanford so even if delayed we can sit in comfort.
    We just did not enjoy our first experience at mco.

I too would vote for Tampa, easy to get to and very quick to get out of.

Andrena

Florida Junior
    Did MCO on our first trip in 1989 and found it just massive and mega busy - and took ages to get out when we got there. All Newcastle flights are in and out of Sanford thesedays and after 3 subsequent trips I personally much prefer Sanford.

Sanford is particularly great when you land and all you want to do is get out of the airport as, being so small you are out within 15 mins or so. Admittedly there's not that much to do on the return journey but all I want to do is get on the plane therefore the airport doesnn't really interest me. Still somewhere to get something to eat and do a little duty free shopping - which does me!

Of the 3 airports put up it would be Tampa, Sanford, Orlando.
    Tampa is a mini Orlando the same distance to our villa as Sanford.
    Depending on direct, charter flights, or indirect which can work out great depending on where you live in the UK and the distance to Gatwick / Manchester

I didn't realise being small could get you through Sanford quicker......how small are you then?? lol

Seriously though, I tend to fly into MCO mostly as we always stay for odd days over the regular 2/3 weeks but we have used Sanford before and would use it again as found it fine plus it's less manic, much quicker and the drive is very straighforward and not really that much longer. Haven't used Tampa yet but would consider it as Tampa's easy to get to. If the flights suited at the time then I would fly into any of the three airports mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by davealsop View Post
    Did MCO on our first trip in 1989 and found it just massive and mega busy - and took ages to get out when we got there. All Newcastle flights are in and out of Sanford thesedays and after 3 subsequent trips I personally much prefer Sanford.

Sanford is particularly great when you land and all you want to do is get out of the airport as, being so small you are out within 15 mins or so. Admittedly there's not that much to do on the return journey but all I want to do is get on the plane therefore the airport doesnn't really interest me. Still somewhere to get something to eat and do a little duty free shopping - which does me!
    Linda