Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Exchange rate watch

Florida Savvy

Exchange rate watch

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread on exchange rates.
    If people post any good or bad rates they find, we will be able to see whether rates are generally going up or down.

For example a week or so ago the best rate I could find was Dawson & Sanderson with $1.75 per £1.

Today I see that Nationwide Building Society are offering $1.82 with no comission.

$1.86 lloyds. this is a good idea, may help us to get the best rate after all. dino

Gold 5 Star Member
    All my contacts in the money markets think the rate should get better, only trouble
    is it may not. Last year we were getting $1.55 so im happy with the rate at the
    moment.

Its almost like a game of Dare, how long do you wait until you buy
    Chrisj

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I was half listening to an economic analyist in the way home from work this week, he predicted that the dollar would weaken to almost $2 to the pound sterling or certainly $1.9ish at least - until November as this is when the election will take place. Great news for the Brits going over but not so great for the UK tourist industry. I work in the historic town of Chester and there is a marked absence of American tourists.

Oh $2 to the £1 those were the days...

Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Financial Times were advocating $2 to the pound this week. Lets hope all those GB holiday makers decide to hit Florida whilst the exchange rate is so good and that the Americans choose Florida as their preferred destination if the Uk is too pricey at the moment.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I used to work in Chester and the surrounding area's. Mostly work in Warrington now

I remember getting over $2 per pound but that was years ago
    Chrisj

Florida Savvy
    I got $2 to the £1 back in 1985 when I was in New York. Great rate at the moment.I'll have to check out Lloyds....oh just re-reading that makes me feel old....

Don.

wrpac00
    If your a Halifax customer there rate today is $1.82983, crazy.

I keep an eye on FXstreet.com, they are showing the commercial rate at $1.893.

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    Commercial rates are only if you have a business account
    Chrisj

"Commercial rates are only if you have a business account"

Well it depends on how much you are changing, most banks are willing to give you a rate very close to the commercial one if you are changing a larger sum, like paying off part of your mortgage. All you need to do is ask.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis