Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Exchange rate watch

Florida Savvy
    £1=$1.8341 on Travelex on-line at the moment. The Travelex rate changes approx 3-4 hours after any move by the currency market.

If you can take the risk and keep an eye on your PC during the day you can watch the rate rises on the main currency pages like Bloomberg.com and then buy from Travelex when you see a major drop before the Travelex rate itself falls.

The other good thing is you can buy for collection up to 60 days ahead but you can cancel free of charge upto 48 hours prior to collection. So again the brave can buy at a rate for 60 days ahead and cancel and re-buy again if the rate goes up in the 60 day period.

Mr Ektion

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dave

Sorry I was on about changing holiday spending money over, not for paying chunks off a
    mortgage etc
    Chrisj

Dear Chris,

My brother works on the stock exchange. The current view really is that the $/£ rate will reach $2.00 to the pound. Bullish views suggest $2.20 even but my brother doesnt subscribe. However, the value is unlikely to reach $2 until the elections as one of the previous writers mentioned.
    The timing of your holiday will depict when to buy but the longer you can wait, the better.

There are various sites such as Currencies Direct in Holborn, London where you can buy dollars without commission and get todays spot price of $1.89!!!

Hope this helps,

Robbie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Robbie

Think I will keep an eye on the rate and see what happens
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie

It is a good rate, I am going with caxton.com and they are giving a commercial rate of $1.8770 which is good, but it is nerveracking watching the dollar, I am holding out but feeling like a serious gambler!
    Valerie Gorman

Gold 5 Star Member
    It went to $1:90 earlier today

its getting addictive, all this checking on the price
    Chrisj

hi guys, chrisj is correct this is getting addictive, want my fix so here i am , business rates are easy to get , helps when the amount is a bit bigger. even not so business rates are good, try lloydstsp . if people need the number i can provide it go to the dealer and he will give spot rate or u could do a forward contract. one has to do research before going for the forward contract but it helps. dino

Gold 5 Star Member
    I check lloyds and nationwide every day, plus some other sites. I feel like a
    stock broker at the moment
    Chrisj

hi chrisj, could u also give us latest on u r watch rates please.

dino

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Dino

must admit havent checked today, but will check in a bit and let you know
    Chrisj