Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Joseph's 1st Trip

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Joseph's 1st Trip

Just returned from 3 weeks in our favourite place.

We left EMA on 25th August, myself, hubby (Bill), daughter (Rebecca) and Grandson (Joseph). We were all a little concerned about the flight as Joseph is only 5 months old and we were unsure how he would be on such a long flight. We needn't have worried, he was the perfect angel and we were not the only ones to think so as several of the passengers commented on how well behaved he was. We saw him though in a new light, I hate to think what he will be like when he is 18 as he won the hearts of all the flight crew and he lapped up all the attention with big beaming smiles, I decided he was a real flirt.

After arrivedl at Sanford we then drove to the villa and left Rebecca & Joseph to settle in while we went to Publix to get in the essentials.

After a reasonable night we all went to Walmart to do a big shop. After we got back we went in the pool (not Bill. been married 32 years and never known him go in the pool, he says he is allergic to chlorine, but he only goes in the sea up to his knees.

We have annual Sea World tickets so we had several trips there just doing one or two things per visit, I was disappointed that although we saw several One Ocean shows we never saw Tilli.

The rest of the trip was spent in the pool or in the shops, we did most of our Christmas shopping and had to bring an extra suitcase home.

All in all we had a lovely trip but I am not used to getting up early anymore and babies tend to get up early! Our next trip is only 4 weeks away and although we have lots to do before then and work to do on the villa when we return I am hoping to have a very peaceful time (although I will miss Joseph and my other grandchildren while I am away).

We are planning a family trip for next year, 6 adults and 3 children who will then be 4, 18mths & 1, now that will be exhausting. Now who thought of that one, oh yes me
    Last edited by Lyn; 17-09-2012 at 22:04.
    Lyn

It does tend to be a different type of holiday when you have little ones with you doesn't it?
    Your family holiday next year sounds as if you will need to get in training and bank some sleep hours before you go![msnwink]

Oh yes and why not plan a recovery break for afterwards!! All that said, you can't beat a holiday with the grandchildren, you will have so many precious memories when you return [msnsmile]

Liz

aww sounds great i remember doing our first two trips to florida we lurved christmas shopping!! but back then everything was much cheaper over there, glad the baby had a good flight... xxx
    Liesa

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Liz - Yes we plan on staying an extra week to recover!
    Liesa - Thanks, kept driving past Terra Verde and thinking of you.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Ahh the extra suitcase, been there done that, got the t shirt
    Ian Mcc

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mcc View Post
    Ahh the extra suitcase, been there done that, got the t shirt
    I have a sneaky feeling there are a lot of us with that particular t shirt and sure I will find me still hidden at the bottom of a drawer