Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hypothetical(ish) Question

Florida Chatterbox

Hypothetical(ish) Question

You go to Orlando on holiday.

You buy theme park tickets (the tickets that are good for two weeks from first use), well before you travel. When you get to Orlando, the weather is rubbish and going to a theme park is just not an attractive proposition. If you don't use the tickets, do you get a refund?

Thanks in advance.

Florida Newbie
    I do not know the answer, but I'm certain there are plenty here who will know for definate. IMHO I assume not. After all, the parks are there for your use, if you decide not to use them that is not the fault of the theme parks. If they close down and do not provide the service that you paid for, then that would be a different matter I'm sure.

Nick

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is always worth going to Guest services and asking them (especially if you are already in the park.Take evidence of your return flight home date. I know if the weather turns nasty when you are in the park and go to them they will often give you a pass good for another day. If you have used them once then it may be the only option would be to ask if you can upgrade them to non-expiry (which is usually possible for a fee and may be better than losing them completely) so they would be good for another trip, same situation if you are taken ill when you are there and cannnot use them. We have found Disney in particular to be very goo at resolving issues like this as they would prefer to have happy Guests who want to come back and if your holiday has been spoiled for whatever reason then they like to help if possible (and would mean you coming bck and spending more money in their parks. Nothing creates loyalty more than good Customer service.
    Babblin Boo

Not unless are the parks are closed, which is very rare. The parks are still a great place to visit even when it is raining and the majority of attractions are under cover. what else are you going to, especially with children. Beaches woukd be a no, shopping is enterianing but not for days on end.
    That said as mentioned above it is worth popping along to guest sevices and asking the question. Then again if you have made it to guest services you may as well go in the park. I have known rain check tickets to be handed out on particulary bad weather days.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    You go to Orlando on holiday.

You buy theme park tickets (the tickets that are good for two weeks from first use), well before you travel. When you get to Orlando, the weather is rubbish and going to a theme park is just not an attractive proposition. If you don't use the tickets, do you get a refund?

Thanks in advance.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    if you have not used it at all, it may be valid for use another time you visit.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    After we arrived this year, the children declared that they had seen all they wanted to at Disney on previous trips and really weren't that interested in going to many theme parks, we had tickets for them all including the same 14 day ultimate disney tickets! When we got back (as we had not used them at all) and they were still valid until the end of the year we sold them on ebay - made most of our money back. I think the tickets you are talking about do have an expiry date and if you have activated them will only last 14 days, so it somewhat depends on whether they are activated or not.

Feeling for you, I imagine that wet weather really has an impact on your enjoyment

Gold 5 Star Member
    My feeling though is "a bad day on holiday still beats a good day at work" I do understand as we have had holidays washed out both in this country and abroad when you have saved and got excited to find that things beyond your control put a dampener (both physical and metaphorical ) on it. Hope you are still managing to enjoy it somewhat sometimes the revised plans can be as good. We tend to go to places that aren't so expensive such as the Springs and State parks if the weather is a bit grey as you don't waste so much money if it is rained off.
    Babblin Boo