Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: An Unexpected Journey - Chapter 5

Florida Junior

An Unexpected Journey - Chapter 5

An Unexpected Journey –Chapter 5

Friday August 31st

We kicked off our second week with a visit to Seaworld. I think I mentioned this in my reports last time around but I just don’t know what it is about this park – when you think about it beforehand it seems like well, I reckon we will last a couple of hours and then have seen all we want to see, especially as we’ve seen it all four times previously. But Seaworld never ceases to amaze…

We got there pretty early and just in time for the Pets Ahoy show. I don’t know whether this is a new show or whether we’ve just missed it on all our previous visits. A bit similar to the Universal Animal Actors show but very clever nonetheless!

When the show was over it was about 11.30am and we suddenly noticed how quiet the park was – unbelievably quiet in fact! We headed over to Shamu Stadium and I think pretty much the whole park was in for the 12.30pm show (and the stadium still wasn’t full). The kids sat in the splash zone and the show kicked off.

It was the first time we had seen the re-jigged show and it did feel a little bit like they just added more water jets and guys and girls prancing round in wet suits to compensate for the lack of trainers in the water. Still a good show and you can’t help but be impressed at those killer whales – they really are magnificent creatures. Oh, and the kids got soaked - not by the whale but by one of the trainers redirecting water jets in their general direction!

Might be a little bit controversial but do any of you feel a little tired of hearing constant messages about how wonderful our world is and how we should all live in peace love and harmony for ever more? Don’t get me wrong I do appreciate and admire what these parks do for nature and the environment but do we have to be reminded every 5 minutes?

Anyways, back on topic… After Shamu we headed for Journey to Atlantis. This was one ride that Jack was adamant he wasn’t gonna do. It had been the catalyst for his fear of dark rides with fast and long drops 3 years ago and he wasn’t quite yet ready to face his nemesis. So Ben and I did it and it was good fun – and, again, we got soaked…

The weather was so hot today that we quickly dried off. After the obligatory visit to the very impressive shark tunnel (it makes the local Sea Life Ctr at Tynemouth look very small fry) we headed for the Clyde & Seamore show. Whilst this is the fourth time I’ve seen this show I still chuckled at the clown, laughed at the jokes and went ‘aaaaaaahhh!’ when the big walrus with the giant ‘tache came out – never gets old!

Next was the Wild Arctic simulator which I can’t remember from before (and I felt like I had whiplash when I got off!) and then we hightailed it over to the dolphin show which we missed last time so it was all new to us and we all thoroughly enjoyed it; as others have said before it’s very spectacular and so much more than dolphins.

Looking at my watch it was almost 4pm, we had been here 6 hours – which isn’t bad for a park with not much to do! Before heading off we did new Turtle Trek 3D (another first). The wait was around 30 mins but it passed real quick. We got into a room with a look at the live sea turtles and the Sea World team member tried to tell us some interesting facts but was totally drowned out by a very rude Hispanic family who just kept talking over the top of her!

We got into the show and it started. It seemed a while since I’d seen a 360 degree cinema show – they seemed to have disappeared and become less common over the years but this one was in 3D!! Still don’t think it added a lot to the show and I think we all came out feeling a little underwhelmed. We stopped off at the Sting Ray pool on the way out where the boys stroked and fed them and that was us done.

After 7 hours, plenty of ‘firsts’, some old favourites and enough subliminal messages to make us want to join Greenpeace we had had a great day courtesy of Shamu and Co.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1060986.jpg   P1070054.jpg   P1070079.jpg  

Florida Junior
    Saturday September 1st

As we headed in to Labour Day weekend (which was mentioned every other minute on the radio and television) it was our second proper pool day of the holiday so following breakfast and a quick check on the weekends football we grabbed some rays and messed about in the pool.

I invented a new game called 'Play Your Cards Right – splash edition' which consisted of the ol’ favourite game show hosted by Brucie with a twist whereby if it was higher and you called lower (or vice versa) – guess what? Yep, you ended up in the pool! The kids loved it and we must have spent a good couple of hours chucking each other in the deep end. Good Game…good game……

We fancied a night out so decided we would do another ‘first’ and headed down to Downtown Disney.

We went to Planet Hollywood for our scran. Our server told us all about his personal favourites on the menu (which just happened to coincide with all the most expensive items) and then took our order.

Whilst waiting for the food to come out our eyes were out on stalks trying to spot as much movie memorabilia as we could which the kids loved. The meal itself was decent and Ben managed to polish off a full rack of ribs. I was stuffed and had the other half of my Philly Cheese Steak sandwich boxed up and planned on having it for Sunday lunch!

We had thought about going to Disney Quest afterwards but time was against us so decided to save that for another night.

So, after a good day we jumped in the jeep and headed back to the villa – or so we thought…. I’m sure I went the right way and hit the I4 but exit 64 seemed to have disappeared! Before I knew it we were heading towards Apopka. Turned around at the next possible chance but had no change for the toll booth to get back on the I4 so, like criminals just headed through without paying!

Eventually got home and checked to see whether we were on Americas Most Wanted before heading off for a well earned sleep…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070173.jpg   P1060836.jpg  

Great trip reports Dave kept me smiling all the way through ....
    Wendy

Great trip reports dave ,sounds like you all had a great time.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Love sea world - one of my favourite parks

lol... its great xx
    Liesa

Smashing report and we had a terrific day too at Seaworld.
    Thanks for sharing

Florida Savvy
    Have to agree bout the Shamu show, still a gr8 park though, Manta and Kraken are 2 of my fave rides
    Ian Mcc