Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Mickeys not so scary halloween fancy dress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Newbie

Mickeys not so scary halloween fancy dress

Hi

I'm going for Halloween and have read that people dress up for the evening event. What sort of things do people wear? Is it any fancy dress or scary fancy dress like ghosts and witches? I don't want us to wear something unsuitable? Also if you've been, do the whole family tend to dress up or just the kids and if I don't dress up will I look out of place?

I want us to get the most out of it and hope I can get some good costumes over there.

Thanks for any information.

Florida Savvy
    It's definitely an occasion for the whole family to dress up in any fancy dress. When we went I didn't and felt a bit lazy (and the odd one out!) There were a huge variety of costumes both Halloween themed and 'normal' fancy dress. The Halloween ones weren't scary ones as the event is aimed at younger children. There is currently a huge fancy dress shop beside the Adidas outlet towards the end of International Drive near Premium Outlets (the old Prime one). Hope this helps.

When we went only my grand daughter dressed up. I didn't feel the odd one out not being dressed up but I wouldn't have felt out of place if I had gone the whole hog! There were all manner of outfits, some Halloween themed others with no connection to the season at all.
    Anything goes!

Liz

We went a couple of years ago and didn't dress up, like Liz we didn't feel odd and likewise there were plenty of adults (as well as kids) dressed up in all manner of costumes - so whatever you want to do will be fine.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just make sure that any costumes are "ride safe" as you need to be careful that there is nothing that could be a danger if you go on to the rides. It is great fun and the candy we collected lasted us for weeks.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Just make sure that any costumes are "ride safe" as you need to be careful that there is nothing that could be a danger if you go on to the rides. It is great fun and the candy we collected lasted us for weeks.
    Mmmmmmm forgot to mention that Seph![msntongue][msnwink]

Liz

Florida Expert
    Try the Dollar Tree for some cheap accesories and also Walmart for a costume.

By the way, if you are going to Universal, you are not allowed to dress up there.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all for your comments, they are all really useful. Not sure what I'm doing yet but will see what is available in the shops when I get there. Sounds like great fun.

We were at MNSSHP a few years ago and there was a whole family dressed up as the Incredibles, it was great. I just wore an "happy halloween" t-shirt that I got over there. I would recommend a visit to Super Target up next to Mall at Millenia as they have loads of costumes but there's no need to go OTT.