Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi guys ...i,m a newbie .

hi guys ...i,m a newbie .

Hi guys ......this certainly is a great site ,....as someone who has never been to florida but booked for next summer for 21 nights in a place called lindfields i am looking for all and any information i can get....we are a family of nine and are all looking forward to our first trip to forida as a family .It will be something to look forward to during the long cold winter in Scotland .[msncool]

Welcome to the Forum - you wll have a great time in Lindfields....great location.

Thanks for the welcome Carol.....much appreciated.
    As i said , i do not know much about florida as its unchartered waters for us...we usually holiday closer to home (spain or portugal) but the more i read about florida the more we are looking forward to our trip to the USA .We will be out during 4th july celebrations and that is something i always wanted to do ,,,,and i,m not getting much younger hahahahaha...plus its our 40th wedding anniversary so we thought we would push the boat out .

You are going to have a great time. There is a lot of fun to be had well before your trip, planning where you will go and what you will do. Bring plenty of sunscreen and make sure you are prepared for the change in temperature. This is the place to have all your questions answered.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Welcome to the forum, your holiday will come around quickly
    Jan&Steve

thanks guys .......we have been washed out in scotland and many roads and homes have suffered flooding due to the constant rain fall ......its been the wettest here fror 100 years ....my tomatoes and my potato crops have been desimated by constant rain and little sun ...its a lot of work with no payback time . i should be living on my own tomatoes, sweet and jalepeno peppers and onions and potatoes .... i will give it a by this year ahead as i usually start planting seeds in january ...and harvesting by july august , not this year i,m afraid...its a washout .
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to me carol / newhomebuyer and steveandjan ....much appreciated a cairdes (my friends) .

21 nights will be wonderful as you will all have plenty of time to relax in between days out at the parks etc;

Enjoy reading through the forum where you will pick up lots of ideas and tips being as it's your first trip......and I'm sure it wont be your last!
    Linda

You have doing exactly the right thing going for 21 nights. There is so much to do in Florida and for a first visit you are giving yourself time for the busy days at the Parks and the Malls and the quiet days round the pool.

You will have a great time.

Florida Newbie
    We went for 21 days back in 2006. It's lovely on the 13th day when you realise most of the people you met on the plane coming out will be packing to go home and you still have another week Sadly, can only manage 14 days on this occasion [msnsad]

Nick

It's great to hear from you all ......you have all helped put my mind at rest a bit ....i would not say i am worried ...more a feeling of being "terrified" hahahahaha.
    I have never been on a plane for any length of time and the thought of eight hours sends my head in a spin......i have never liked flying but i also said it would not stop me going on holidays and enjoying myself ...my wife likes flying ,all the rest of the family have flown before apart from my 11 year old grandaughter , so we might be able to sit next to each other and hold each others hand hahahahahaha.I have only been reading this site for a couple of days and i have learned so much already ...thanks for all your help and wise words ...and the links .Thank's to all who have replied .