Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Margaret's trip part 4

Florida Chatterbox

Margaret's trip part 4

Wednesday- the only day we had planned for Seaworld. We hadn't been there since 2008 so my daughter, Kirsty and I were looking forward to seeing the dolphins. We managed to sneak in just in time to see the dolphin and bird show, hadn't seen it before so was pleasantly surprised, Kirsty went on the Mantas ride alone (the rest of us are wimps). It was very hot that day and we found ourselves going from one air-conditioned place to another. We saw the Shamu show which was very good, but I miss seeing the trainers in with the whales.
    By the middle of the afternoon, we were starting to wilt in the heat so we went back to the villa for some time in the pool and to recharge our batteries We decided to try Denny's for our evening meal and had an early night after that.

Thursday- We had planned to do Magic Kingdom today but wanted to stay and watch the electrical parade and fireworks so we thought we would go there mid afternoon. We had seen a Star Trek/CSI experience along International Drive when we drove along there a few nights ago. My husband, David and son, Carl are both avid Star Trek fans so we all paid our dollars and went in. It consisted of a mock up of the bridge of the original enterprises, lots of displays of clothing worn by various characters, all the various props used in the different series of Star Trek. There was also lots of screens showing interviews of many of the actors off the many shows. All in all, we all thought it was pretty good value for money, $15.00 each. I think you need to be a genuine fan of the shows in order to appreciate the exhibition.
    We went back to the villa for a couple of hours before we drove over to Magic Kingdom. We had thought that the park would not be as busy at this time of year but there seemed to be an awful lot of people around ............ The monorail was not working ( no explanation!!)so we went over by boat. I still get that funny feeling when I walk up Main Street the first time
    We wanted to try and pace ourselves as we (thought) we would stay till the end and watch the fireworks. We weren't in a huge rush to do lots of rides, we just ambled around the park, taking in the atmosphere, we always like to do the Carousel of Progress (I have sometimes nodded off whilst on this!) when it finished we went outside and it was pouring with rain!! Everyone had the same idea, taking cover wherever they could. It lasted almost an hour by which time the pavements were flooded, we waited for the rain to ease off then carried on walking around the park. Went on Haunted Mansion, it seemed a bit different to what I could remember, some of the rides had waits of 45 minutes which we weren't going to bother with, we were starting to feel tired. We managed to stay and see the electric parade but decided to beat the rush and go home before the fireworks.
    That's it for now, will write more soon...

Shame you missed the fireworks, I love that spectromagic parade though. Soon be there ourselves and I too will try to manage to stay long enought to see the fireworks.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes I was really disappointed to miss the fireworks but not everyone has the stamina that I have lol

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Margaret's trip part 4

We didn't see Wishes either on our last trip for the same reasons! Will definitely see it next time, one of our favourites!

Sounds great to me .....thanks for posting the reports margaret.

still enjoying your trip report Margaret, have seen the 6 o'clock fireworks before when Peter Pan flies through the air... love it!!
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    Love the fireworks but it is a bit like a catle market trying to get out afterwards
    Ian Mcc