Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tolls !!!!!!

I don't know this particular toll booth as I use another route to my home.

However when I have used the system I have driven through the express lane where you do not need to slow down and the system has worked just fine.

If there is no 'Express Lane' on this particular booth then you will need to slow and drive through the SunPass lane.

The system allows you to go through any unmanned or automatic booth without paying a toll and without getting a fine. You just see the $6 plus the tolls and to your credit card.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

See this link for a full explanation of prepaid toll systems.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar (I hope this link is authorised)

Scroll down to see each different rental companies criteria.
    Keith

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Simply go to 'SUNPASS' lane - slow down going through to 20mph and hey ho!! If it's an older tranponder (like the one we have) it bleeps - if it's the credit card type stuck on the window - it doesn't do anything. Some of the other Sunpass lanes (the older ones) have a PAID or a THANK YOU sign as you go through. Never had any problems in almost 8 years of using Sunpass.
    Jean

If you have an Alamo rental then just keep going, no need to slow down on some of the new tolls, just keep up with the flow of traffic. The Alamo agent told me it was done by cameras taking a photo of your number plate and then Alamo charge it to your credit card.

Dave

Florida Savvy
    We are using Alamo this weekend for the first time as we normally use dollar, can someone tell me what you do when you already have a sunpass, I dont want to pay Alamo for using theirs.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    We are using Alamo this weekend for the first time as we normally use dollar, can someone tell me what you do when you already have a sunpass, I dont want to pay Alamo for using theirs.

cheers
    The current system is triggered when a car with no transponder goes through a toll.

The camera takes a copy of the plate and sends to bill to the owner (Alamo) who passes the toll charge on to you.

If you have a working transponder the camera is not triggered and you pay out of your Sunpass account.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Tolls !!!!!!

I use the sun pass tolls Alamo charges my card. The only con is when do they stop charging your charge card. I was there the first 2 weeks of October 2012 and got my charge statement for dec and still charges showing up.
    Randy Johnston

We have our own SunPass that we put up as soon as we get in the hire car. If we hire from Alamo, will be be charged twice - once on our Sun pass and once on the Alamo transponder ?

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Savvy
    Quote"We have our own SunPass that we put up as soon as we get in the hire car. If we hire from Alamo, will be be charged twice - once on our Sun pass and once on the Alamo transponder ?

Sue "

no you wont be charged twice, when we were over in November we hired from Alamo and I just told the counter staff i had my own transponer, as others have said you just stick it on the w/screen and away you go.

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Never had a problem - just tell them that you have a Sunpass - and ask them to take the the charge off BEFORE you leave!
    Jean