Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other thing to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    I am not sure, but I heard that the Steam train in Tavares has closed down. Better check it before your go.

Andrena
    The steam train was out for a few months for servicing so they were running a diesel but the steam train is coming back into action in September.

Here is a link http://www.orangeblossomcannonball.com/

Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    Celebration on a sunny day would probably be enjoyed by both the elders and your young daughter, the children love to splash in the fountains to keep cool and the elder people seem to love watching them.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    The aquarium in Tampa also do a very nice boat trip around the bay. Also recommend Lowry zoo in Tampa not too large but very well run. Lost my son for for over an hour as he went behind the scenes to discuss breeding issues with frogs and other critters with the staff, best part was I then got to go behind as well. Leu Gardens are also very nice. State parks there are several in the area all have different specialities but all are lovely, we also like De Leon Springs as it has, again a lovely eco boat tour you can take, and best of all a pancake restaurant where you do your own cooking on a hot plate in the middle of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Also recommend Lowry zoo in Tampa not too large but very well run.
    I can second that. [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    How about checking out one of the many Segway Tours. Very easy to ride and great fun.I defy you not to have a "Segway Smile" at the end of it. There is one in Celebration, but there are many others dotted around. Not suitable for children, but older guests love them, as there is no effort required.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Blue Spring is always a nice place to visit, there probably won't be any manatees in the spring but if you go on the boat ride on the St.Johns river you should see some. It is a nice place to have a walk around and have a picnic, there is also swings etc for the little ones.
    Lyn

Lake Louisia State Park at the top of the 27, about 7 miles south of its junction with highway 50. All sorts of things to do for both young and old. It has its own beach around the Lake, there are picnic tables, walking trails, canoes to hire etc. Costs around $10 her car to enter the State Park which goes to help the upkeep.

Alternatively, go through the junction with the 50 and go to the next lake in the string, Lake Minnieola (probably not the correct spelling!). Again a nice beach round the lake and The Tiki Bar which serves good food and drinks. The sunset over the Lake is amazing!

Winter Park is lovely, not too far to drive. Lovely shops along one side of the main street with a park on the other side.