Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other thing to do??

You say no Disney etc but have you done any of the special tours? Steam trains, Epcot greenhouses, backstage magic, animals at AK etc etc.
    from our own experience backstage magic was brilliant ( but not suitable for children)and a friend os ours recently took her parents (late sixties) on the steam train experience at MK they had a fantastic time.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox

Other thing to do??

We went to Blue Springs state park at Orange City in August. Had great day tubing in river and there is picnic area and canoes as well. It is winter area for manatees so if not open for swimming you can see the manatees. One swam upstream which we were told was unusual for August . Amazing being near it in the water. About an hour from Orlando just north of Sanford. Only spent about 3 hrs there but great day. Being a picnic

Hows about Silver Springs (glass-bottomed boat trips) ???

Florida Expert
    Tubing (or just relaxing at Kelly Park. Beautiful place to go.

Florida Expert
    Or of course you must go to Mount Dora and do the boat tour in the morning, lunch at Goblin Market and then wander round the shops.

we have been to this one and its great lots of different packages but we did the safari ride, almost 2 hours but loads to look around at the base http://www.floridaecosafaris.com/
    Liesa

For older relatives, a trip to the beach goes down well. Clearwater has the pier with craft market, and bouncy castle etc at sunset . Mount Dora has the antique shops & hotel serving afternoon tea. Lavender and Lace do nice meals- I think that's near Lake Alfred- with a chintzy gift shop too....
    An evening at Boardwalk hotel, Disney with the free entertainment.
    I could go on.....

My parents like to take a trip up to St Augustine, Very pretty. Daytona is worth a drive and the tour of the Raceway is good if you like that sort of thing, or take them on an airboat ride.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Susan J View Post
    Clearwater has the pier with craft market, and bouncy castle etc at sunset .
    Sorry, had to laugh at the bouncy castle suggestion for older relatives [msnsmile2]

Dave

I am not sure, but I heard that the Steam train in Tavares has closed down. Better check it before your go.

Andrena