Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Highlands Reserve?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by JackoFamily4 View Post
    Hi again

I've just read the thread about Garrys robbery and its made me a little uneasy with the Highlands Reserve community.
    I havent paid a deposit yet, should I really keep looking somewhere else maybe a gated community - any advice welcome.

Thanks
    Burglaries can happen anywhere - gated and ungated communities and even in hotels (as happened to us). How many estates in England have not suffered a burglary?
    If the home has an alarm and its what you want book it. I am not being biased here as my home is not on Highlands.

Some people on this forum do love to spread doom and gloom and would find a problem for you on any community.
    Christine

Florida Junior
    Hi Christine

It does have an alarm I checked that when speaking to the owner, but you know that feeling when a seed is sown and i'm already worrying something may happen.

I'll have a think...any other advice welcome.
    I see that Garrys problem was 18 months ago. How are things now on Highland Reserve?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Jacko

Highlands is a big community, this is one isolated incident. As said earlier certain people will find you a problem with any community.

There was a burglary on our community - about 2 days after someone bought a new state of the art TV, somehow I think this was linked. It didn't make me feel unsafe. You cant spend your whole life worrying about what ifs. Also as I said earlier we were robbed when staying on an appartment hotel complex - the safe was jemmied open.
    Christine

I would not be concerned - robbers tend to be oportunists...just like at home. We are here at the moment and not heard anything out of the ordinary

Jacko

The villa I am going to in December is not gated, the other ones that I have stayed are and at first I was a little concerned until someone on this forum pointed out in another post that most villas have their own entry code and also that it would be easier to burgle it when it was vacant.

They also pointed out that some gated communities don't change the gate code to allow contractors, mail-men, service vehicles etc access as it would be difficult and time consuming to let everyone know. I don't know how accurate or widespread this is though.

As you have an alarm I wouldn't be unduly worried.

Regards

Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackoFamily4 View Post
    Hi Christine

It does have an alarm I checked that when speaking to the owner, but you know that feeling when a seed is sown and i'm already worrying something may happen.

I'll have a think...any other advice welcome.
    I do know that feeling. I had my car broken into about 20 years ago in a multi storey car park near my home and still don't park my car there even now. It's completely illogical of course and the chances of it happening again are pretty remote but this looks like a decision only you can make.

Florida Junior
    Thanks for your replys. We have decided to go ahead and not let it worry us. As you said this could happen anywhere and at any time.
    Most of the other communities have probably had a similar scenarios, you just dont get to here about everything that goes on.

Good decision, in my opinion, you will have a great holiday...now relax and get planning

Super Moderator
    Good decision and am sure you will have a wonderful holiday without any worries apart from how to fit in everything Florida has to offer.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    Some people on this forum do love to spread doom and gloom and would find a problem for you on any community.
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    As said earlier certain people will find you a problem with any community.
    I'm not really sure what you mean Christine, although I sense you are talking about me. Is there something about my post you find offensive or objectionable?

Or is it Garry's thread you don't like?

If the latter, accept my humble apologies and ignore.