Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I love Florida

Florida Newbie

Why I love Florida

This story is more about how our last Florida holiday changed our lives. I have been accused of waffling by my dear wife, so will keep this a short(er).

Our last trip was back in 2006, and we were lucky enough to have a three week vacation in a villa in Westridge. A few days before our return flight was the big terrorist scare, when no hand luggage or fluids etc were allowed on the planes, and there were bad delays etc. Anyway, we'd had a great time the five of us, my wife and three daughters. We "checked in" Downtown at the Virgin checkin and spent the rest of the day shopping etc. When we arrived at the airport we were informed of possible (probable) delays. As we wandered around Orllando International I spotted a maintenance guy riding a Segway, the two wheeled self balancing machines. I'm sure many of you will have seen them in and around Orlando over the last few years.
    As a complete petrolhead I was amazed, transfixed and in awe, and upon returning home franticly searched online for somewhere to ride one, only to find there was nowhere, all there was was a company importing them from the US. You may have guessed what happened next from my name, but I soon becamme the first Segway dealer in the UK, and now run a successfull tour operation in Kent!
    So there you go, holidays can have a big effect on you [8D]

Nick

Excellent story Nick. Well done.

Congratulations Nick
    I love this story.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    What a brill story Nick.

It's great how life constantly throws up opportunities. All we have to do is reach out and grab them wherever they occur.
    Steve

Lovely, I remember the first one I saw, I was awe.
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love them, just wish they were more popular, would so ease rush hour.

Lynne

Florida Expert
    We met a young couple that have started a very succesfull business out of a product they saw in Florida. Not quite full time yet but since they have bought exclusive rights it could be.

Well done you; you took a risk and it paid off. If you are passionate about something it will often pay off!

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's not the one at Leeds Castle you have is it Nick? I haven't tried them yet but I know my friend has done several including Mt. Dora and Clearwater and thoroughly enjoys them.
    It just goes to show that no matter here you are if inspiration strikes and you have the wherewithall to follow it up then who kno what lies round the corner.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Yes Steph, thats me at Leeds Castle.

Florida Expert
    We rode the segways at Cocoa Beach and loved them, very addictive, lucky you and well done.
    KJH