Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat Nav directions

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We used to use our UK/USA one - but it took ages - and I mean years in some cases to pick up new roads! The 429 didn't appear until it had been in operation for 2 and half years! Gave up last year annd bought a new one which I leave in the Villa! very reliable too! I also tell guests to use the 417 to get to Highway 192 in my instructions, a lot quieter than trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on the I4 - even although it costs a few$$
    Jean

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    From memory Cash I think they'll recommend 528 -> I-4 -> 192.

You couldn't choose three busier roads of you tried!

MCO South Exit to 417 would be my route of choice too; but I'd avoid recommending the Celebration exit as the tolls there are unmanned so if guests don't have a few quarters handy it could create a bit of a worry. Chances are that guests will, and it won't, but I figured with tired guests arriving after long flights, why take the chance?
    I must admit I now come off at the Osceloa Parkway exut (Gaylords HoteL) as we always pop into the Publix on the corner off the 192 and South International Drive but as i have a sunpass i never notice if that toll booth is manned or not. We do advise our guests to always have some loose change with them for these un-manned toll booths.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I must admit I now come off at the Osceloa Parkway exut (Gaylords HoteL) as we always pop into the Publix on the corner off the 192 and South International Drive but as i have a sunpass i never notice if that toll booth is manned or not. We do advise our guests to always have some loose change with them for these un-manned toll booths.
    Toll booth at Gaylord Palms isn't manned either and i've ended up a few times paying less than i'm supposed to as i either haven't had the right change or the machine hasn't registered all of my coins. I've not had a fine afterwards either.

I would follow thw directions given to you by the owner, the Sat-Nav should work out where you are heading and more than likely give you the same route as the villa owners directions. In the unlikely event you get lost, the Sat-Nav will be your best buddy

Dave

Florida Savvy
    I am not a believer in Sat Navs but as I was arriving as a novice last time out I " drove" the route on Google Earth, route I took was very straight forward and got me to my villa at Davenport Lakes no problem, left MCO via the Sth access Rd, joined the 417 , stayed on that for a few miles before exiting at Jct 2 ( there were a few unmanned tolls, about $4 in total I think )then took a left at lights onto the 192 between mile markers 8&9, had planned to follow the 192 all the way to H27 before heading south but I knew there was a short cut but wasn't sure whether to chance finding it but as soon as I saw the sign for Bahama Bay I knew that was my road, followed that road down by few villa communities and a big new school and was at the villa no probs, and that was driving in heavy rain
    Ian Mcc

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all your kind words of wisdom We fly out this Saturday so are getting very excited!!
    Will try and find time a write a trip report.
    Margaret